How to make 20 psi on d1-SC

97scSVT

A-Dub
Established Member
i just got my p1-sc back from procharger and is now a d1-sc and i need to know what pulley size (in inches) i need to make 18-21 psi. i also heard that if you get a 16-18 psi pulley and get a bigger underdrive pulley you will make over 20 psi:shrug: . i need to figure out how to make 20 psi for my new longblock to have full power. please help

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Yes, you can get a larger crank pulley which will have a similar effect to having a smaller blower pulley. You're running an 8 rib setup, right? If not, good friggin' luck...lol.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Also, after watching your car's video at the track, I'd invest in some adjustable shocks and struts and set the shocks tighter in the back. Your car is bouncing hard in the burnout box and not transfering wieght on the launch.

LaserRedSnake

LTHLBITE
Established Member
I would def. suggest getting an 8 rib Reichard Racing Non-Slip pulley and an 8 rib setup, not sure exactly what size though, but their website might be able to shed some light on it

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I know that ther GIJoe makes an 8 rib setup but he quoted me like 7 or 8 something for the pullies. Anyone know who might make them cheaper?

fourvalvegt

Established Member
look over on mach1registry or modular depot. they both got parts lists for the conversion and how to do it, including the dimensions for the spacers you will need to make

97scSVT

A-Dub
Established Member
ok well if i dont change it to an 8-rib, how much boost can i run before belt slip? cause if i run like... 15lbs., i wont get all the power out of the motor. i guess the only way to make full power is to get an 8-rib conversion. Doese anyone have a guess on how much power i will make?

Users who are viewing this thread