How to messure acceleration 60 to 125 mph (100-200 Kmh)

Kempf

Established Member
Hi!

Need some info here please. (first timer)

Since it ia almost impossible to messure 0-60 mph (0-100 kmh) acceleration because of bad tracktion. I would like to se how fast i can go from 100 to 200 kmh.

How is that done to get the best results? what gears are used?

3 4 and 5 ?
4 and 5
Or just 4th gear all the way
and at what rpm are the gears usually changed?

my mods are

Kenne bell 2.8 Lc 3" Pulley
10% Lower
Bullit Cams
stock gears 3.31
Tuned by Jon Lund

And what andriod app with gps ist the best to use?

Thanks.
Kempf

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I mean, if you want an explanation...

Hi!

Need some info here please. (first timer)

Since it ia almost impossible to messure 0-60 mph (0-100 kmh) acceleration because of bad tracktion. I would like to se how fast i can go from 100 to 200 kmh.

It's not impossible. In fact, no matter how much traction you have...you can get a 0-60mph time. Just because you can't get traction, doesn't mean you don't have a time.

How is that done to get the best results? what gears are used?

3 4 and 5 ?
4 and 5
Or just 4th gear all the way
and at what rpm are the gears usually changed?

Obviously a 4th gear pull from 60-120 mph would be ridiculously slow. At 60mph with 3.31s, I would start in second. You should finish at the bottom of 4th or so.

And what andriod app with gps ist the best to use?

I've never heard of one that times 60-120mph.

Kempf

Established Member
Hi!

So my question is ridiculous, sorry for askin.

Just that 0 to 100 is NOT accurate since bad traction is an issue, so we messure 100 to 200. Since i have not done it before and am not sure what max speed i can get in the 3 and 4 gear, so i wanted to ask you techguys if you know it before I go out and try to find out myself.

Seems stupid to me to go out and try to find out something that maybe has already been done a million times.

Kempf

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Just record the speedometer with a camera. 30 frames per second....45 frames of recording is 1.5 seconds. Just pause the recording and count how many frames you advance when you reach 200kph.

You can get results to at least a tenth of a second doing it that way. Best 0-60 I did on 20" worn out Nitto Invos, on the street was 4.4s :( traction limited of course!

Last edited:

TigerGT500

Established Member
I'd think you could accomplish it in 3rd and 4th. My '11 SVTPP will reach 125 mph at the top of 4th gear.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Greetings from the motherland Kempf.

Assuming that you are on stock gearing (stock transmission ratios / stock 3.31 differential) and stock diameter tire (26.98") and shifting the car a little higher in the RPMs (6,250), since you are cammed.

You should start the pull at 100kmph in 2nd gear and will finish at 200kmph at the beginning of 4th gear. I would just position a camara facing the speedometer and use the video as a way to time the run (once downloaded to my computer with editing software).

I would contact the tuner to find out your best/safest shift point. I am assuming it will be 6,250 but it could be as low as 6,000 or as high as 6,500 rpm.

IMG_9458.PNG

Hopes this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread