How to protect heat exchanger

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
A friend at work just got an 04 vert adn on her way home from buying it, a rock hit the intercooler and put a pin hole in it. She got it fixed and wants something to put in front of it to protect it from debris...

Anything out there for this?

Digital

Established Member
A friend at work just got an 04 vert adn on her way home from buying it, a rock hit the intercooler and put a pin hole in it. She got it fixed and wants something to put in front of it to protect it from debris...

You can put mesh logos over it like the SVT one. Do a search.
Mines all ****ed up, fins are all bent, the bottom is bowed in the center upward from hitting curbs and god knows what else. Pretty ugly actually.

Just take care not to run over low ass curbs if her car isnt lowered or anything else.
Otherwise the rock penetration is kinda rare.

moonltgold

HE screen

GordsFord. I have the Gords screen protector on my Gords HE. Not cheap, but they look sharp, especially the black stealth anodized aluminum.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Some of the guys have made their own out of some sort of mesh material.
I`m pretty sure Kevin(04sleeper) made his own,maybe he`ll chime in.

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
Yeah, mine is all jacked up from the previous owner. The left side is bent upwards, I'm wondering if I order an AFCO I can bend the brackets back to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread