How to remove foreign object from eye

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Well I have a piece of a bug inside my lower left eyelid on my left eye. Was running this morning and a bug flew into my eye. I tried to get it out and I thought I was successful but it seems I have a piece of it left. It's very hard to get to. It seems like a leg. I can feel it but it really does not bother me too much.

I tried flushing with water but it made it go deeper into the corner of the eye lid. I tried a wet swab with no success. Any recommendations?

It is no brown recluse:)

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
damn that sucks, i had a cornea scratch years ago, nothing like having your eye ****ed with.....ugh good luck.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
That is the worst! I had that happen when I was little. Worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life. Had to wear an eye patch for 2 months. :nonono:

i agree, i didn't know it was scratched, winded up in the ER about 4 hours later, hurt so bad, anything lit hurt like hell to look at...worst pain ever, least to my knowledge.

ssssnake

Established Member
Try a corner of a paper towel. The object ususally sticks to the towel, and you can pull it out. Good luck!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I had a metal shaving imbed itself in my eye, I had to go to an eye doctor to have it checked out. The damn thing formed a rust ring on my cornea and scratched the hell out of it.

Riddla

Established Member
I already have a scar on my cornea from a lasik blade fail by the dr. Not even PRK helped so I still see somewhat blurry. I dont remember it hurting that much only that it stung if i tried opening the eye.

Btw since this is svtp Ill do this
9s3vc3.jpg

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I already have a scar on my cornea from a lasik blade fail by the dr. Not even PRK helped so I still see somewhat blurry. I dont remember it hurting that much only that it stung if i tried opening the eye.

Btw since this is svtp Ill do this
9s3vc3.jpg

Wow did they give u the surgery free? I would of been pissed.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Well I have a piece of a bug inside my lower left eyelid on my left eye. Was running this morning and a bug flew into my eye. I tried to get it out and I thought I was successful but it seems I have a piece of it left. It's very hard to get to. It seems like a leg. I can feel it but it really does not bother me too much.

I tried flushing with water but it made it go deeper into the corner of the eye lid. I tried a wet swab with no success. Any recommendations?

It is no brown recluse:)

Fill up a bowl with cold water. Put it on a flat surface and literally OPEN your eye WIDE in the water for a minute or two to let the particule out. Repeat if necessary.

Riddla

Established Member

I was cheap that time. I went into Mexico and tried getting it done. It was around 795 back then. I was the last one so i am assuming they reused the blade or she was desperate to GTFO and that led to carelessness. I just got my money back. She even asked me, ''want me to do your other eye'' umm no!:dw:

Had it done here for 4k a year later to allow my eye to properly heal. Intra Lasik here no more blade. Was in and out in about 5 minutes. They suggested a PRK to minimize the scar since it was in the middle of my vision. It did helped and can see way better than I could before any of this.

Lesson learned, sometimes the cheap stuff is the most expensive.

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
I was cheap that time. I went into Mexico and tried getting it done. It was around 795 back then. I was the last one so i am assuming they reused the blade or she was desperate to GTFO and that led to carelessness. I just got my money back. She even asked me, ''want me to do your other eye'' umm no!:dw:

Had it done here for 4k a year later to allow my eye to properly heal. Intra Lasik here no more blade. Was in and out in about 5 minutes. They suggested a PRK to minimize the scar since it was in the middle of my vision. It did helped and can see way better than I could before any of this.

Lesson learned, sometimes the cheap stuff is the most expensive.

That sounds similar to my grandfather. A few years back he cut a coupon of the newspaper for a "buy 1 get 1 half off" deal for lasik. However, he had the first I done for the discounted price and told them afterwards it was good enough and he didn't need an appointment to have the other done. Crazy old man.

As far as getting the part of the bug out, it depends on how far back in your eye it is. I had a big speck of dust way behind my eyelid a few years ago that no one could find. After a trip to the eye doctor and him pulling my eyelid way out, he was able to find it and remove it. Longest weekend of my life with that stuck in there. Good luck getting it out asap.

Svt4ever22

Established Member
Use a Dyson vacuum. You have to use the extension attachment and keep it tight on your eye socket. Then just turn it on.

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
Use a Dyson vacuum. You have to use the extension attachment and keep it tight on your eye socket. Then just turn it on.

Dont do this...:lol:

If you can get it to where you can see it, use a wet q tip and kind of spin it between you thumb and forfinger and try to catch it. Its a possiblity that you may have scratched your eye with the bug. If its scratched, it will probably be healed by tomorrow. If there is something left in your eye, and you dont get it out today, you will probably be going to the Dr tomorrow. I have had metal shavings in my my eye a couple of times and couldnt get it out. By the next day, the skin on the eyeball grows over the foriegn object. I had to get it taken out with a needle in the ER once, and once i had to get it drilled out at an eye doctor.

If you have to go to the doctor to get it taken out, when they tape the patch onto your eye, dont let them tape over your nostrils like they did me one time....:lol1:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I had the same thing happen to me but in the middle of class ( I looked so retarded that I had to leave).

My suggestion would be to go to your closest wal-mart or target and pick up a saline eye care kit.

Whatever was in my eye was stuck in there for a VERY VERY long time and was really starting to agitate my eye (my eye was nearly blood red)

Do your best to move around the eye while squirting the saline around to try and get it out

Best of luck!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member

no, its called a complication of the surgery---they happen.

op---go to an urgent care center. foreign bodies to the eye/ear are very common. trying to care for them yourself turns a small problem into a big one.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
no, its called a complication of the surgery---they happen.

op---go to an urgent care center. foreign bodies to the eye/ear are very common. trying to care for them yourself turns a small problem into a big one.

yup. plus the attending can open your eye socket alot more than you or someone you know personally would be comfortable in doing lol

Users who are viewing this thread