How To Run 93 Octane in CA??

03VNM

Established Member
Hi Guys... Well, I'm back in another terminator. Sold my C6 Z for a 15k mile Sonic Blue from Maryland. The car has lots of mods and is currently running a 93 octane tune installed by Horsepower by Herman, however, we only have 91 here in CA. Does anyone know a good mixture of 91 octane fuel and Torco or race gas to achieve 93? The car has a "Switch on the Fly" knob in the glove box which has 4 tune settings, one of which is a low octane tune. However, I'd like the keep it at 93 since it makes great power on the 93 tune but I want to do what is best my engine.

Thanks!

cj428mach

Established Member
I'd just go with Torco and gasoline. They have a recommended dosage to take 91 to 95 octane. In theory you could cut that dosage in half and get 93. I'd probably just dose it for the 95 octane if it was my car.

03VNM

Established Member
Thanks for the reply's guys. So adjusting mixture to 95 octane is okay even if my tune is for 93? Would I use the standard Torco Accelerator High Octane Race Fuel Concentrate?

Thanks again!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Thanks for the reply's guys. So adjusting mixture to 95 octane is okay even if my tune is for 93? Would I use the standard Torco Accelerator High Octane Race Fuel Concentrate?

Thanks again!

You'll be good! And yes that Torco, you can get it on ebay..

Users who are viewing this thread