How to tell if EGR is deleted

toddyfiveo

Established Member
I am wanting to remove all the EGR junk to clean up the engine bay. My car was already modded and tuned when I bought it. I would think the EGR is turned off as it seems most tuners do. How can I check? Can I unplug the EGR solenoid from side of blower and see if it throws a code? Any other ways?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Denver_SVT

Established Member
I am wanting to remove all the EGR junk to clean up the engine bay. My car was already modded and tuned when I bought it. I would think the EGR is turned off as it seems most tuners do. How can I check? Can I unplug the EGR solenoid from side of blower and see if it throws a code? Any other ways?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
First of all try to check by your SCT predator if there is any EGR code before you unplug. If there is nothing, go ahead and unplug the EGR and check for code. If the code came up that means EGR active and if no code coming up it means EGR deleted from your tune.

Sent from my Samsung S7

toddyfiveo

Established Member
Well engine light did not come on but when I checked with the programmer it had codes. So I guess egr delete for me, side of the blower will remain ugly until this winters upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread