how to unlock xcal II

bmfgsxr

Established Member
well since i sold the truck i wont need my xcal II anymore. but its obviously set up for my truck. how do i go about getting it cleared so anyone can get a tune and use it?

Black1999Cobra

Rollin' with the top down
Established Member
Either set your truck back to stock or send the unit back in to SCT and I think for like $150, they may unlock it.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
thanks.. well that stinks that there isnt an easy way to unlock it.. i already traded in the truck.. should have set it back to stock, but i didnt want to have a #4 pulley on there with stock tune and someone buy it and blow it up due to that.. i didnt want that on my hanging over my head. oh well, if i sell it to someone it will have to be cheap enough for them to want to pay the 150 to have it reset.. either that or hopefully if the old owner ends up on here i can sell it to him/her..

thanks

bonestocksvt

Established Member
Poor of the new owner if he decides to buy a canned tune and upload it on top of the tune thats already in there. I would just break into the dealer and leave the xcal laying inside the truck, LOL.... I had the same thing happen to me and ended up selling the Xcal for $70 here on the market forums..

bmfgsxr

Established Member
its got a good tune in it now. i datalogged all results and its solid.. and i told the dealer this info so im sure he would pass that info on.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
If the guy ever wants to return to stock or change mods...he will have to have Ford Reflash the PCM for him (bucks) would be better if you had pulled the mods off and returned the pcm back to stock, or left the tuner in the glove compartment. Just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread