how well does nitrous cool charge temps?

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I have a 2.3 whipple on my lightning. 8lb lower/3.00 upper making around 19-20lbs. Charge temps are nuts. The KC drag kit is coming out because i want my AC nice and cold.

Id like to know if nitrous cools charge temps and if it does, what difference are people seeing. I would do a wet shot if anything spraying before the blower.

From what i have gathered so far, i just need to pulley and and live the slower life. Then use ice at the track.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
So I haven't ever logged this but from what I gathered out at the track I don't think it does to much.
The faster pass was iced down cold, and the slower pass was iced down then hot lapped because I missed a gear and wanted to get a pass in before closing. Faster 60' slower by the 1/8th. Maybe I shifted better one pass? But still slower mph as well. I think it was getting hot and pulling timing.
CADFC0A5-1EA8-40EB-9EB5-E66ABE87476F_zpsdpulnoyw.jpg

4stang6

Established Member
When i had my very mild ported eaton on my 03 cobra, it made 454/516 blower alone, I added a 75 Shot ontop of that, and took it to 545/658, Takeing Intake Air temps from 130 down to 64 degress!!

Sluggie24

Established Member
Methanol injection will cool the charge temps very well from what I understand. Nitrous will as well but it will put a heavier load on the engine and raise combustion chamber temps. Both will give you more power with the advantage obviously going to nitrous.

It's much easier and less expensive to run meth injection than nitrous, especially on a street driven vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread