How would an Evo MR fare against my 2004 Terminator?

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
Let me preface this by saying I think I may have street-raced like twice in the last 15 years, so I'm not very informed on alot of real-world performance numbers on cars. But I was at my neighbors' house at a BBQ last weekend and the guy's nephew saw my car peeking out of my garage. The kid said he has a 2006 Mistu Evo MR (I guess thats different from a regular Evo), and says he wants to take a stab ay my '04, and that he has beaten Terminators in the past. He is bone stock and I am running a typical pullied Cobra with a 2.76, 452/472.

Can it be true that a car with 1/2 the cylinders and a hair dryer can out-run my car? Hopefully it was just the beer talking when this kid opened his mouth.:D

redfire03 svt

Established Member
LOL. The only way you could loose is if you go from a dig and spin so hard out of the hole that you have to abort the run.

cammedformy

Established Member
I ran an EVO MR with bolton's, cam gears, cams, and a tune when I was boltons. We ran from a 40 which was a deadspot for me at the time and he pulled maybe half a car. This was when I was bolton's and I put down 353/362.

I would say that if you run from a dig, he might jump out on you but you should reel him in pretty easily.

Even the EVO that I was talking about only ran mid/bottom 12's with a trap around 110. If he's anywhere near honest about whats done to the car, it should be pretty ugly.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
O.P you would easily destroy that MR. In fact a reguar EVO 9 would beat the MR (MR's are a bit slower than the GSR). Even with the flash, they are still slower than a P.I.E Cobra., run him for money :D

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Depends on the evos mods, after you find that out then we can say

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
If his car is stock or mostly stock you will dominate him. I highly doubt his claim that he has beat terminators before unless he raced ones with bad drivers.

slverstang

Established Member
down low it will be good but top end is all urs after that. if he is stock hands down u will win. if he is modded be careful

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Oh...well if he's stock then you'll beat him. But if he "said" he beat cobras...then he may not be stock. A quick drive-by and look under the hood can tell you if he's stock or not.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
Can it be true that a car with 1/2 the cylinders and a hair dryer can out-run my car? Hopefully it was just the beer talking when this kid opened his mouth.:D

First, let me say, that I think you should have it. IF he is truly stock, you should def. have the upper hand

BUT, to answer the quote, YES, they can DEF. EASILY be made to beat a cobra. Ok, well maybe not "falling off a log" easy but, they can def. be monsters.

Either way, good luck. Drive it like you stole it. :beer:

02blownGT

Established Member
I ran an MR when i was only putting down 350 to the wheels stayed close untill about 90 then i pulled hard.We ran from a 60 roll.So he would have no chance if your pullied and have any driving skill whatsoever.

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
OP you will kill it. I know evo's inside and out, race the lil bastard from a dig and show him whats up, even if you do spin, you will run him down, theres no way a bone stock evo will out run you.

with bolt ons it will be a different story, but hes stock, you will kill him. But he said he was "stock"....and if hes "stock" hes never beaten terminators before lol trust me i got killed bone stock by a pullied terminator.

And OP just an FYI, and Evo MR is a base evo, just has a 6 speed trans, and blistein suspension, compared to a standard evo with a 5 speed, and brembo

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
the evo will DOMINATE your cobra... dude... no comp.. I wouldnt race him the MR means MEAN RACER and EVO stands for Evolution which means... it EVOLVES... so one day it can be a 0-60 in 3 seconds and next day be 0-60 in .2 seconds... dont mess with it... i would hate to see you become a victim of a EVO!... be scared... very afraid... those things are no joke... wow... it must be a prvilage to be called out by a EVO!!!!!!.... those things are super dupper dupper didder fast...

save ur gas dont race it... dont get embarassed..stick to eating minivans the evo's just tad bit too much for you...

i like chicken

Defknotzero

Established Member
the evo will DOMINATE your cobra... dude... no comp.. I wouldnt race him the MR means MEAN RACER and EVO stands for Evolution which means... it EVOLVES... so one day it can be a 0-60 in 3 seconds and next day be 0-60 in .2 seconds... dont mess with it... i would hate to see you become a victim of a EVO!... be scared... very afraid... those things are no joke... wow... it must be a prvilage to be called out by a EVO!!!!!!.... those things are super dupper dupper didder fast...

save ur gas dont race it... dont get embarassed..stick to eating minivans the evo's just tad bit too much for you...

i like chicken

:dw::dw:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

i like chicken

LOL! If you are being sarcastic which I think you, are thats pretty funny. There are a lot of EVO owners I've meet that honestly feel that way. That is until they see the tail lights of a 12 year old Cobra........

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
LOL! If you are being sarcastic which I think you, are thats pretty funny. There are a lot of EVO owners I've meet that honestly feel that way. That is until they see the tail lights of a 12 year old Cobra........

wow so that makes 2 people on this site with a sense of humor.

:dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread