How would this effect the world.Discuss

Established Member
Tancredo: If They Nuke Us, Bomb Mecca

Monday, July 18, 2005

DENVER — A Colorado congressman told a radio show host that the U.S. could "take out" Islamic holy sites if Muslim fundamentalist terrorists attacked the country with nuclear weapons.

Rep. Tom Tancredo (search) made his remarks Friday on WFLA-AM in orlando, Fla. His spokesman stressed he was only speaking hypothetically.

Talk show host Pat Campbell (search) asked the Littleton Republican how the country should respond if terrorists struck several U.S. cities with nuclear weapons.

"Well, what if you said something like — if this happens in the United States, and we determine that it is the result of extremist, fundamentalist Muslims, you know, you could take out their holy sites," Tancredo answered.

"You're talking about bombing Mecca," Campbell said.

"Yeah," Tancredo responded.

The congressman later said he was "just throwing out some ideas" and that an "ultimate threat" might have to be met with an "ultimate response."

Spokesman Will Adams said Sunday the four-term congressman doesn't support threatening holy Islamic sites but that Tancredo was grappling with the hypothetical situation of a terrorist strike deadlier than the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

"We have an enemy with no uniform, no state, who looks like you and me and only emerges right before an attack. How do we go after someone like that?" Adams said.

"What is near and dear to them? They're willing to sacrifice everything in this world for the next one. What is the pressure point that would deter them from their murderous impulses?" he said.

Tancredo is known in the House for his tough stand on immigration and had a 100 percent rating last year from the American Conservative Union (search) his votes and positions on issues.

Mohammad Noorzai, coordinator of the Colorado Muslim Council (search) and a native of Afghanistan, said Tancredo's remarks were radical and unrepresentative but that people in Tancredo's position need to watch their words when it comes to sacred religious sites and texts.

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_frie...,162795,00.html

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
That’s the stupidest thing I have ever read.

Because of a F***ed up group of extremists in Islam you bomb a Muslim artifact?! oh yeah, cause that solves the problem, because Islam is only the second largest religion in the world.
And do you have any idea where Mecca is? Saudi Arabia. And like it or not, Saudi Arabia and the United States are allies and hold a VERY good relationship whether or not either country likes to admit it.
I could go on and on over how stupid this logic is. but its not really worth the effort.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I wouldn't say Saudi Arabia and the US have a good relationship, I'd say its more of a relationship of convienance.

And its obvious this senator or whatever is a moron and should be kicked in the groin ASAP.

VenemousShadow

Go Cats!
Established Member
Yeah great idea there moron, wait a small percentage of folks are angry with us, hey I have an idea lets just alienate all of the muslims in the world, how do guys like this get elected?

taronis

Banned
fuelonempty said:
That’s the stupidest thing I have ever read.

Because of a F***ed up group of extremists in Islam you bomb a Muslim artifact?! oh yeah, cause that solves the problem, because Islam is only the second largest religion in the world.
And do you have any idea where Mecca is? Saudi Arabia. And like it or not, Saudi Arabia and the United States are allies and hold a VERY good relationship whether or not either country likes to admit it.
I could go on and on over how stupid this logic is. but its not really worth the effort.

I say we take back the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. It was a Jewish Holy Place LONG before there were Muslims.

We could drop hams on Mecca! Or, better yet, pig feces. Religion of peace my ARSE!

taronis

Banned
VenemousShadow said:
Yeah great idea there moron, wait a small percentage of folks are angry with us, hey I have an idea lets just alienate all of the muslims in the world, how do guys like this get elected?

Why dont the rest of these PEACEFUL MUSLIMS tell the troublemakers to knock it off. Complicity by inaction is still complicity!

How do guys like Ted Kennedy get elected?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
taronis said:
<Note PERSONAL ATTACK - the hallmark of a cornered liberal.>

The word you're looking for is YOU'RE.

So, enlighten us with your sage wisdom.

We're all waiting.

If you are going after people's spelling and/or typing skills, consider revising your "pole" which should be poll.

"I know this is not a political website. However, after observing the replies to many political topics and poles here it is clear that the majority here is mid to strongly conservative in their views.
Now comes another pole:"

What was that about liberals being blamed for high school kids who can't make change for a dollar? Looks like we have an old fart who cannot even spell a 4 letter word correctly, even when it is correctly and clearly listed at the bottom of the create new thread page.

taronis

Banned
Scoriox said:
If you are going after people's spelling and/or typing skills, consider revising your "pole" which should be poll.

What was that about liberals being blamed for high school kids who can't make change for a dollar? Looks like we have an old fart who cannot even spell a 4 letter word correctly, even when it is correctly and clearly listed at the bottom of the create new thread page.

Yea, gee I'm sorry. My wonderful speech recognition software sometimes makes an error. I have to work on the context engine.

Now, go cook.

Yet another piece of evidence in support of my postulates!

You guys are writing this thesis for me. Thanks!

fuelonempty

Established Member
Scoriox said:
Looks like we have an old fart who cannot even spell a 4 letter word correctly, even when it is correctly and clearly listed at the bottom of the create new thread page.
:lol:

oh taronis, what exactly do you want me to explain?

taronis

Banned
Scoriox said:

Note: he singles out "making change for a dollar" and ignores "wholesale slaughter of infants". As petty as petty can be!

fuelonempty

Established Member
I mean I don’t have to explain since I think anyone in their right mind can come to that conclusion on their own after reading what you posted up....

LogiWorld123

Established Member
taronis said:
Yea, gee I'm sorry. My wonderful speech recognition software sometimes makes an error. I have to work on the context engine.

Now, go cook.

Yet another piece of evidence in support of my postulates!

You guys are writing this thesis for me. Thanks!

Your brain does this thing called proof reading, you should try looking into it before you go off being an English professor (a LIBERAL OCCUPATION, OH GOD WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW).

My speech recognition software typed this particular sentence. It is quite competent in the hands of a competent person with proper training.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
taronis said:
Note: he singles out "making change for a dollar" and ignores "wholesale slaughter of infants". As petty as petty can be!

Maybe because abortion has nothing to do with this? You didn't address the OKC bombing. Talk about being petty! You forgot to blame the democrats for that one.

I support abortion before ~24 weeks. The baby is finally a baby, and not a parasite. After that, no abortion. LOOK a compromise.

taronis

Banned
fuelonempty said:
I mean I don’t have to explain since I think anyone in their right mind can come to that conclusion on their own after reading what you posted up....

Oh, bravo! You must be the captain of you school's debating team!

taronis

Banned
Scoriox said:
Maybe because abortion has nothing to do with this? You didn't address the OKC bombing. Talk about being petty! You forgot to blame the democrats for that one.

I support abortion before ~24 weeks. The baby is finally a baby, and not a parasite. After that, no abortion. LOOK a compromise.

I omitted that bombing purposely. But I did forget Janet Reno's triumph at Waco!

What you support is convenient, irresponsible contraception. :nonono:

Go cook Chef.

Users who are viewing this thread