Howdy. New owner as of last night. Few ???s

dakota318

Banned
Wife and I rode up to NJ last night and picked up the car we've been waiting to come across for a long time now. Found a Dark SG, 2003 Cobra with with 158 miles on it. Paid $25,500. So very impressed with the car... ran my buddies TA with full exhaust, lid and filter from 60 to 125 4 times and hung side by side every time and his best with just the lid was 12.9@109. Car rides so smooth, smells nice :) and is very comfortable.

HOW do I post pics of it though, what are the steps? Im kinda curious cause I want you all to see the Bullet wheels that came on it from the factory.... how do you all think that happened? Was it an option?

Oh, what oil do I want and weight to put in this thing, wanna get that year old oil outa the thing. What filter should I run in it?

Thanks for the help guys, seem like a good bunch to hang with!!

DSG2003

Established Member
I have a DSG and there is no better color. You will have alot of fun.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Well, no Cobra's came with Bullitt wheels...never heard of that coming through.

Ford recommends an FL820S for the oil filter, and 5-20 for the oil.

I run the Motorcraft oil with no problems, lots seem to run Mobil 1 5-30. Also, I use Mobil 1, and Napa Gold filters (made by Wix)

As far as posting pics, you need to have them hosted somewhere, then link them to here.

Have fun with the new car.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Welcome. I also have a DSG '03. Is this a new car with 158 miles? do you have the window sticker? If so, what wheels are listed on it? I'm thinking that someone switched wheels at some time in the car's life.

Last edited:

dakota318

Banned
It was owned by a guy that bought it in July of 03, and traded it and 2 Ls for a 05 Ram SRT10 quad cab last week. Still had the dealer remove only red sticker on the gas pedal!?? I bought it from that Dodge dealer. Maybe the original ford dealer swapped them out? Whichever, they look great. They have the factory Cobra size F1s on them, 275/40/17.... I dunno, they look great though, painted centers to the DSG and then a silver rim edge.

Yeah, when we picked it up, it had 158 miles on it. Thing is literally bran new. From what I understand it was stored, and never driven. Flawless paint, and interior. And like I said, rolls right with my buddies WS6.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
275's on an 8" wide Bullitt wheel would look a little messed up. The tires would be noteably too wide.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
If the red sticker is still on the pedal, get it off fast. I waited a week and it was a real pain to take it off piece by piece. I can't understand a guy who would park a Cobra for a year and then take a huge loss on the car. I guess he wanted the Dodge bad.

verbal

Established Member
I guess the guy was planning on keeping it as a collector car and then realized that they are continuing to lose value. Your gain and great price. Strange about the wheels however. If you are interested there is a Mid-Atlantic Cobra club that is centered in Maryland. You can find out more info from the link in my sig., welcome.

dakota318

Banned
I will check that club out, is everyone going to Cruzin OC this spring?? Last spring and fall shows were great.

Here is a pic of the wheels that came with the car.... tires fit fine...

try11dd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread