Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I’m looking at getting the following:

Moser 1541H (A882852) 28-spline axles $275 Summit
ARP 100-7703 Wheel Studs $26 Summit
Moser (9563) axle bearings $30 Summit
3/4” hex, open ended Lug Nuts $30 Maximum Motorsports
ABS Reluctor Ring $70 LMR

Am I missing anything? Any better places to buy from?

I’m thinking I’ll stick with the 28 spline alloys since I mainly O/T the car and only occasionally pull a holeshot (although I now have 315s for the street so I’m sure that’s more stress on them). There’s a small chance I may add a 100-shot and take it to the strip but my main focus is on the road course so most of my money will go towards brakes, seats, accusump, etc before adding nitrous.

I thought about going 31-spline but that would be an extra ~$500-600 for a TrueTrac/Tosen/Eaton LSD

thoughts?

1997Cobra

Established Member
I know the exploders came with 31 spline axles, but not sure if they came with limited slip differentials. If they did, that could be a potential "junkyard solution" to a pricey 31 spline conversion. I'm fairly certain 28 spline alloys will hold up though

********edit*******
it appears that they did, so in theory you should be able to get a differential out of one and install it in your car with 31 spline axle shafts

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
If you are not a big drag racer then I wouldn't worry so much about getting the 31 splines. Reason being is that on the street you will spin because no track prep. At the track you will likely be ok as well, as people launch on stock stuff all the time, it breaks but it isn't glass so for most launches it will take it.

Users who are viewing this thread