Hp goals for procharger what will I need

FordRacingGuy

Established Member
I have a 96 cobra and plan to go procharger in the spring, I'm looking to get the p1sc. My goal is for 450whp and I know for sure I'll need new injectors I currently have 39s, I'm probably goin to get 60s, i would like to know how much boost I will need to run to hit my goal. My mods are as followed forged flat top pistons 10.5:1 compression, forged rods, factory forged crank, melling high volume oil pump, 3 angel valve job, imrc delete, na svt shortrunner intake , 65mm tb, long tube headers, o/r h, Mac catback, msd ignition, ford racing wires, steeda under drive pulleys, and 255 walbro fuel pump. Car made 303 whp on break in tune before shortrunner was installed, I know I will need factory pulleys and bigger injectors, am I missing anything and what will I need to run for boost to hit my goal

RI GT500

Established Member
Do yourself a favor and get a D1SC right from the start. Great street blower and if (and when lol) you upgrade your blower will be more than capable. That's were I started before moving to an F series.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
you shouldnt need to to much.. About 8 psi.. I'd run the stock size s/c pulley and go from there. Also I have some flow matched 60lb injectors for sale if you're interested. :)

Noreast

Established Member
I would just run a p1 at 8psi and see what numbers you end up with. If its not enough go up to 10psi but the high compression/low boost will give you higher number than average. I may have the stock pulleys off that car still ill look for you.

95PGTTech

Established Member
d1sc will give you a lot more room to grow since you have the built motor.
60s are easy to find and relatively easy to idle, I would go with them for the same reasoning.
stock pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread