hp question

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
guys i've got a 4# pulley w/an sct2 tuned for my truck on the way. the only mods i have on my truck now is a jlt cai and some weld in mufflers. i'm just curious as to how much power this will equate to. i'll be getting it on a dyno soon but the only baseline that i know to start with is the average of 330/350to the wheels that was quoted in the bible....sorry i meant sticky. so what kind of power should i expect after the pulley install?

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
^+1... although if you look in the new FPT magazine, Dynospeed Racing (where im goin) tuned a harley truck with a lightning motor in it (#4 lower, cai, exhaust, e-fans) and made 392hp and 499tq. these are VERY high numbers for a #4er but remember... anythings possible!

you might wanna upgrade to a 90mm MAF Sensor while your at it... i just noticed yours is a 99 model.

Last edited:

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
^+1... although if you look in the new FPT magazine, Dynospeed Racing (where im goin) tuned a harley truck with a lightning motor in it (#4 lower, cai, exhaust, e-fans) and made 392hp and 499tq. these are VERY high numbers for a #4er but remember... anythings possible!

you might wanna upgrade to a 90mm MAF Sensor while your at it... i just noticed yours is a 99 model.

Lightning and Harleys have the same motor, just different size blower pulleys

guys i've got a 4# pulley w/an sct2 tuned for my truck on the way. the only mods i have on my truck now is a jlt cai and some weld in mufflers. i'm just curious as to how much power this will equate to. i'll be getting it on a dyno soon but the only baseline that i know to start with is the average of 330/350to the wheels that was quoted in the bible....sorry i meant sticky. so what kind of power should i expect after the pulley install?

I would guess 360-380 rwhp with 400-430 rwtq sice its a 99 and canned tune

Last edited:

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
I would get everything you are considering getting for your truck purchased and installed before you do the 4#er and tune

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
01 coabra.... you wouldn't happen to be in the AF would ya?
sorry for getting off topic.

with my 4lb lower, jlp cai, silverbullets, and PSI tune i got 408hp and 510 tq. but that is custom tune not canned tune.

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
01 coabra.... you wouldn't happen to be in the AF would ya?
sorry for getting off topic.
Nah man not in the AF why do you ask?

with my 4lb lower, jlp cai, silverbullets, and PSI tune i got 408hp and 510 tq. but that is custom tune not canned tune.

man thats some good #'s. from what i understand i'm not getting a canned tune. it is a custom tune for my truck with my mods. i still wanna get it dyno tuned very soon so that i can get everything just right.

Last edited:

5lightning0

Greyghost
Established Member

speedfreek88, where is dynospeed racing? and how much for tuning?:??:

Users who are viewing this thread