HP questions

Gstick

Established Member
New guy here who just bought a 2007 GT (5 speed manual) with 4800 miles on it from the original owner. The only engine mods that it has are :

Basanni axle back ss exhaust
JLT CAI
BBK 62mm TB
SCT X3 tuner

I was considering putting on :

FRPP Intake manifold
FRPP 65mm TB
long tube headers (undecided which brand)
X pipe with high flow cats (undecided which brand)
And of course a new tune from Bama

1. What kind of RWHP might I expect ?
2. Will the exhaust be way too loud, even with the high flow cats ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

rfreeman37

Established Member
Exhaust note is all depending on what mufflers, off-road pipe, hi-flow cats, and personal preference. What's too loud to one is just right for another. Go to YouTube and listen to some combinations to get an idea. As far as tune I would go with brenspeed or Jon Lund. Jon is more expensive but they should give you free tune downloads if you change things on the car. If you go look at the dyno numbers for a car not being twisted hard the frpp manifold doesn't seem to be worth it. CMPD's from steeda or made your own from your own CMVC plates we work too. Brenspeed Detroit rocker cams also make more hp the the hot rod cams that everyone is crazy over. TB doesn't really boost hp either.

Gstick

Established Member
After reading tons about the FRPP cams and intake, I have decided to go the ProCharger route. Now I have to decide which brand of LT headers and X pipe to go with.

Thanks for all of the input.

rfreeman37

Established Member
Turbo is also a good option. As far as the X pipe goes are you going cats or are going to be an off-road x pipe? Remember if you're doing it for horsepower reasons there is no real difference in between the x and the H pipe. Brand? Well IMHO must of the brand market pipes are gonna be rust free pipes so there isn't a need to buy an expensive x or h pipe. I got boost brothers long tubes and they worked just fine. I would get one with a flange so if you need to remove them the heat doesn't change their geometry.

Users who are viewing this thread