HP rating for the GT350s axles?

darksrt

Established Member
Does anyone have personal experience in finding the limitations of the stock axles? Any input would be helpful.

Mjones2017

Established Member
I would be more worried about the center section before the axles. Haven’t heard of anyone breaking an axle yet and I know a few cars that are at 700 plus

ANGREY

Established Member
It's traction limited/protected.

The center section and diff with the torsen are plenty strong and capable (in fact the super 8.8 has more splines) and the axles themselves are gonna survive a ton of power simply because it's difficult to overwhelm them with the limitations of 19" tires.

In summary, you'll roll the tires long before you snap an axle.

swap out the rear brakes and replace with drag brakes and run a 15" tire that has bias/side wall flex and now it's a different issue.

With 19" tires, I haven't seen or heard anyone able to snap an axle or strip splines simply because there isn't much available by way of grippy tires.

The R888R is about the best option for street tires I've seen and plenty of guys are running those without issue.

Nitto just revised their 555R and allegedly it's better than the previous NT05 or 555 so we'll see. But honestly, anything over 500 rwhp in this car is just roller skates.

The guys who swapped out rear brakes have taken the 350 into another level (straight line) and that's when you have to start worrying about hook up and torque loading of the driveline

Users who are viewing this thread