HP vs HPP?

02StanGT

Established Member
I am going to buy a turbo kit this week and have recently stumbled upon some information about hp's kit. It seems a lot of people rate them on the low end for customer service and kit quality. I have heard only good things so far about hpp so I'm wondering if I should order one from them. Money is not an issue, I'm more concerned about quality and customer service. If I have to I would even go with Helion and a single.

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
i think first you need to figure out your goals for yourself and the car. then you can decide if you want to go the single turbo route or the twin route. there are so many variables that come into play it will almost give you a headache, but will be worth it in the end. i know hpp has done some great stuff with their twin kit, but hellion is another awsome company, plus they offer a single and twin kit. the possibilities are endless.

if i was you i would do a search here, but more so on the other site. there is some great info out and then make your decision. you'll get a 1000 opinions but in the end you have to live with it and like it. so do some homework and then it'll be easier to decide.

TRBO VNM

HPP's customer service appears to be very good from what others have expressed. I haven't seen too many issues with HP's customer service, just the kit quality.

hellion does have a twin kit being released in January. they are waiting on all the piping to come in from bassani. it will be the best "quality" kit out there since it is all made from stainless steel piping with lifetime warranty on it. and you can use the MM hellion kmember as well. it will be similar to the HP kit with the turbo's in the bumper. the only kit I haven't seen in person is the HP kit, but there is enough info on the net about it, as you have found.

Greg@RET

Established Member
LOL, with the Hellion twin kit you will have drainback issues and its in the bumpers. If you get in a wreck its toast :lol1:

Ok, im just messing around :beer: If money isnt a issue I would get a HPP or get a custom kit made.

I have a HP kit, and really have zero complaint about it. I put the scavenge pump on along with restrictors and have no drain back at all. They always lay down some great numbers also.

TRBO VNM

LOL, with the Hellion twin kit you will have drainback issues and its in the bumpers. If you get in a wreck its toast :lol1:

:lol: any front end crash with any of these kits is spelling disaster..lol.

yeah, the hellion kit is suppose to come with the scavange pump and standard with 3" downpipes.

FoxBodyMan

BLKWIDOW
Established Member
I had a chance to see the HELLRAISER Kit first hand at PRI this year! VERY Nice! and well designed. The kits listed above are great choices but I am very pleased with the Performance and Quality/Looks of my Hellion Kit on my 93 Cobra.

We will be carrying a special on all Hellion Products for the whole month of January. Let me know if I can help out. Take Care.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
I have never heard of someone complaining about any hellion kit! Then agian I havent heard any complain about the hpp kit...

02StanGT

Established Member
What about THP ?

Ya I think I am going with them, they seem to have good quality parts and the guys that work there are great. For some reason they are also cheaper than HPP. BTW, Does anyone know who can install a turbo kit/tune it either in missouri or somewhat close to missouri? How much did some of you guys pay for install? I was going to do it myself for fun, but if I can pay someone a reasonable amount of money, I would have them do it.

Last edited:

Boosted 03

Established Member
What about THP ?

+1 Will not be dissapointed with THP. TOP notch kit and service, Not too mention power numbers. No turbos in the bumper with this kit as well! Price is competitive and pipes are jet hot coated chrome. Win Win situation. Call Jim, he can hook you up. turbohorsepower.com

BLK_03

Established Member
Ya I think I am going with them, they seem to have good quality parts and the guys that work there are great. For some reason they are also cheaper than HPP. BTW, Does anyone know who can install a turbo kit/tune it either in missouri or somewhat close to missouri? How much did some of you guys pay for install? I was going to do it myself for fun, but if I can pay someone a reasonable amount of money, I would have them do it.

I installed my HPP kit myself in the garage on a concrete floor.

Where in St. Louis are you?

What kind of motor do you have?

HPP gets the vote from me. Kit is top notch as well as their customer service.

As for tuning, there are only a few people in the world I would trust my car with. Jon Lund has done the tuning for me since day 1. I trailered my car out to Pennsylvania when I completed the install for him to tune. There is NO ONE in St. Louis with the experience or know-how to tune a twin turbo beast IMO.

02StanGT

Established Member
Oh.

Ok.

LOL

Sorry, I was wondering around the forums. I live in manchester and its a stock motor. I've actually canceled my turbo plans for now due to a financial situation that just came up. I'm just going to throw a whipple on and maybe some nitrous. Who would you recommend as a tuner besides Mr.Lund?

Teej281

Established Member
Go with the hellion twin turbo kit and hook it up to the eaton. and you could upgrade the turbos to the 66mm turbos to "kick it up a notch" and it will save you from just letting your eaton take up space. lol.

BLK_03

Established Member
Sorry, I was wondering around the forums. I live in manchester and its a stock motor. I've actually canceled my turbo plans for now due to a financial situation that just came up. I'm just going to throw a whipple on and maybe some nitrous. Who would you recommend as a tuner besides Mr.Lund?

Interesting. I'm in Ballwin.

For tuning it really depends on modification level. Things like pullies, KB's, Whipples, etc. are pretty common and there are plenty of competent people out there.

With something like a twin turbo car (your original post), I wouldn't let just "anyone" tune.

Blown04GT

No, it's not a GT
Established Member
I have gotten the acronyms (sp) confused before so to make this clear, this is about HP in Roswell, NM.....not turbochargedpower.com (who I believe is just a distributor?) or HP Performance in Texas.

I was promised to have the kit in a certain period of time and it was just the hotside so it was less time than the whole kit. After waiting more than three times the original time frame and being lied to the whole time about when the kit was shipping out, it finally arrived...........only to be missing parts. I wouldn't have been mad at all if they would have called me and said they were running behind and they would get it out as soon as they could. They kept telling me it was being shipped, and then it was at the coaters, and then that it hadn't even been shipped to the coater yet. Just a bunch of lies. Put it this way, I ordered my kit more than 5 months ago (mind you it was just the hotside) and I still haven't gotten everything I ordered from them. I would hook up an 87 civic before I order anything from them again.

They will get zero credit for my build.

rant off.

The only thing I can say is a positive for them is the quality........everything fit right for the hotside that I got.

Users who are viewing this thread