HPDE and Race Clubs

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I was answering a question online, and found I had amassed a fair list of links to different groups that put on races, HPDEs, driving schools, etc.

I thought it might be useful to some to post this up. I hope others will add to it as I'm sure my list is very incomplete. I have verified that all these websites are current as of this posting. But as for the clubs themselves, again, any help in status change will be useful.

I'm afraid they'll be largely biased towards the East Coast, so any help from the Midwest or the West Coast would be appreciated.

In no particular order except how I collected them:

National Auto Sport Association - nasaproracing.com National

SCCA Sports Car Club of America National

Welcome to NASA Mid Atlantic Mid-Atlantic

NASA :: South East Region Southeast

NASA Regions

Tarheel Sportscar Club/Triangle Z Club HPDE/Time Trials Southeast

TrackGuys | Performance Driving Events National

COM Sports Car Club Northeast

Asphalt Ventures Southeast

MVP Track Time Mostly Midwest, some SE

TrackClubUSA National

NASA Time Trial Mid-Atlantic

TrackDaze Mid-Atlantic

SVT Cobra Mustang Club Official Website Southeast

PDA Driving School Northeast

Sports Car Driving Association - Performance Driving in a Safe and Controlled Environment Northeast

TrackTime4Cars Schedule NJMP

Summit Point Friday at the Track Summit Point

NARRA Online National

ClubRegistration.net

MotorsportReg.com : Online registration management tools for driving and social events

Hooked On Driving - Leading National Performance Driving Program, High Performance Driving Experience, High Performance Driving School National

ERME: The Ultimate Motorsports Experience! : Equipe Rapide Motorsports Experience Florida

:: PBOC :: Southeast

Chin MotorSports - More Tracks, More Track Time! Mostly Southeast, some NE and MW

www.MazdaDriverS.com, Track Events, HPDE High Speed Drivers Education

Tracks Unlimited Southeast

TrackMasters Racing California

Nor Cal Shelby Club NorCal

Northern California Racing Club/American Racing Club NorCal

SAAC NW Home Page Northwest

Mustangs Northwest - At a Gallop Northwest

Oregon Region SCCA - Get into motorsports today! Northwest

Cascade Sports Car Club - Home Northwest

IRDC - Home Northwest

AROSC-HPD Home Page SoCal

Barber Driving Experience National

Skip Barber Racing School National

Bondurant Racing School of High Performance Driving Arizona

Jim Russell USA Racing Schools Infineon

Bertil Roos Racing School Eastcoast

10 / 10ths Motorsports Southeast and Midwest

Track Weekend Southeast

Dark Side Index Southeast

ChumpCar World Series

24 Hours of Lemons - Home Page

Turn2 Lapping inc. - Home Northwest

Also, many car clubs (Porsche, BME, Corvette, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, MCA) put on their own track days, usually at a local level, but sometimes on a large scale.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
If anyone involved in any of the groups would like me to redirect any of these links, just let me know.

My hope is that this ends up being something useful to direct new drivers to. :beer:

Last edited:

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
Don't forget TracksUnlimited.net. I believe they are going to get to have the very first HPDE at AMP (Atlanta Motorsports Park) once they finally finish up the track.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Thanks for the input, guys. I've included the links in the original post, so there's one place folks can go to in order to see what's offered. I'll try and continue to do that so we have a complete listing.

Keep 'em coming. :D

David Hester

Established Member
I've instructed with Asphalt Ventures, Track Guys, MCA through Music City Mustang Club and Tracks Unlimited, as well as SCCA. All have really good events.
Also several other car clubs host track days. Corvette, BMW, Porsche. They seem to be everywhere now.

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I've instructed with Asphalt Ventures, Track Guys, MCA through Music City Mustang Club and Tracks Unlimited, as well as SCCA. All have really good events.
Also several other car clubs host track days. Corvette, BMW, Porsche. They seem to be everywhere now.

You're right Dave, there's lots of car clubs that do track days. I've run with Mazda Drivers Assn and instructed with Mercedes Benz Club.
They're a great resource for someone with a car that fits into one of those clubs.
I'll mention that.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
That's a cool link but, it's incomplete. The Oregon Raceway track isn't listed on there and it's an awesome track, Laguna Seca like.

I have all your clubs up.
I thought of listing links to race tracks under the race and HPDE clubs, but it could become a real long list.
Here's a great web site that lists most of the race tracks in North America.
Race Tracks

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
That's a cool link but, it's incomplete. The Oregon Raceway track isn't listed on there and it's an awesome track, Laguna Seca like.

That's weird. I had checked to see if it had the tracks you had listed, and it had the first two, and under Pacific/Oregon I saw Oregon International Raceway. But I see that's not the one you had linked to.
I wonder if there's a way to update that site? They also don't have NCCAR on it.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Gotta add a buddy, Allan "Slidemaster" Crocket and Barber Driving Experience.
I thought he had moved east with the name, but Barber is a Ford dealer out west. ;^)
Enter

Thanks Dave. That reminded me to add a few of the big name Racing Schools. Some folks looking here for info may have the scratch to start out with one of those.

Users who are viewing this thread