HPP motorsports. Good?

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
I hear good things about their experience w/ cobras and their tuning. Is this correct? Are they good?

ragu1585

Game Over
Established Member
i must say im impressed with my car.. i didnt deal with them personally but my car was tuned with them before i bought it. def one of the better ones in texas by far

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
thats what i hear.. i remember reading that people really liked their tunes, but i DID TWO SEARCHES and couldn't find any info. I'm just seeing if its worth the drive all the way up to north of d-town, or if i should just get motion-dynamics here in p-ville to tune it w/ their new dynojet.

SlowImport

Established Member
I will be picking up my car in 2 weeks. I will be more then happy to tell you how it goes. But if it makes you feel better, there are 4 cobras that drive down from the OKC area (3 hours away) just to have them work on their cars. And then there is one form Tulsa, OK which is about 5 hours away from HPP.

All made badass power and have not blown up. My friends car made 660/660 and drove better then mine did and it only made around 540 and it got 23 mpg where I was getting 18. Needless to say I took my car there ASAP!

I also have to give it up to Wade at HPP. He will go out of his way to help you.

I have nothing but good to say about HPP.

I would go to HPP,
Josh

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
OK... I am ABSOLUTELY qualified to answer this question.

HPP does EXCEPTIONAL WORK!!! I hold a world land speed record on the salt flat with my '03 Cobra because of HPP and the guys there, along with their sister company Houston Performance.

After more than two years of dealing with these guys, I still spend the $$$ and time to drag my car all the way from Ga. a 1000 frickin miles one-way to the north side of Dallas to have these guys do their magic.

From tunes to any imaginable modification you want to entertain, just ask Manny, or James, or Wade, or Ozzie, or Brent, or any of the other guys there and they will get you on the right track.

I remeber a funny story...

I was out on the salt at Bonneville. I had trucked myself, my family, and my friends, thousands of miles out there to bake in the sun for a shot at setting a land speed record. After countless preparations and plans, an unexpected problem emerged:

The drivers side window wouldn't roll up and we were getting close to the time to make a run. I was in a panic! Was I going to have to try and hunt for snaped fuses or dismantle the door? I didn't have time to do all this? Was the tens to thousands I had spend on the car and getting there all going to be lost from such a small malfunction?!

I called Manny in a panic.

He calmly informed me to kneel between the open door and the car... ball up my fist... and firmly strike the door at a precise location on the door panel. DO WHAT?! ARE YOU KIDDING?! What the hell... here goes nothing. WHAM!!!

Window rolled right on up! :) Time to race!!!

The moral of this story is that these guys know these cars BETTER than ford themselves. PERIOD!!!

But for these guys... I would NEVER have even had a chance at a land speed record. Its just that simple.

If you don't think this is the absolutely the most affirmative and resounding endorsement of HPP I could possible give, please let me know and I'll give on more and more examples of just how fantastic these guys are.

LET THERE BE KNOW DOUBT: HPP is straight up honest, provides the highest quality, and is top notch knowledgeable and cutting edge.

nuff said!

Eddy :)

Last edited:

svt4u2nvy

Established Member
Ok, so what kind of tuner does HPP use? If you buy tuner from them do they give you a freebie? COST??
THANKS!

SlowImport

Established Member
yeah, its around 500-600 depending on what SCT setup you go with, and if you want more then just one tune that is a few bucks extra, not much though.

It will be the best 500-600 bucks you will ever spend.

Call up Wade and tell him that Josh from Oklahoma sent you and he will hook it up.

hope this helps,
Josh

JBN

Le Chupacobra
Established Member
A buddy of mine from here drove 6 hours to get his blown '01 GT tuned by another shop in that area. When he arrived about an hour late (got lost) they were less than sympathetic and asked him to come back another day.:fm: On his way out an employee at this shop recomended he go to HPP. He called them up and explained what had just happened and they told him to come over and they would take care of him. He arrived there late afternoon, and they dyno-tuned/worked on his car for several hours and left my friend with a smile on his face. No appointment or anything and showing up out of the blue, they went out of there way to help him. I've never been there personally, but thats the type of dedication i'll make the drive for.:beer:

03GT_to_03Cobra

Established Member
I haven't had any work done on my car there, because I've only had it a few months, but I do enjoy driving up to their shop on the weekends. They are usually tuning some awesome cars, and everyone that I've talked to there really speaks highly of them.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
I have visited HPP on occasion.....i am sure they are good, seemed like good guys up there. My personal experience is with Gearheads in Arlington, another great place that knows the Cobras.....and the guys there will make sure your car leaves with a safe tune......either way i'm sure you cant go wrong......ask for travis @ gearheads......highly recommend

Last edited:

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
do yall think i would be ok driving up to HPP, which will be probably like 4 hours or so, w/ a 2.93 pulley on the STOCK TUNE? As long as i take it easy? Or should i let them install it and tune it all at once to not risk driving?

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
i think you would be ok if you hit absolutely ZERO boost. but why risk it? i can drive all day long and never hit boost, but damn what a long drive with no fun!

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
do yall think i would be ok driving up to HPP, which will be probably like 4 hours or so, w/ a 2.93 pulley on the STOCK TUNE? As long as i take it easy? Or should i let them install it and tune it all at once to not risk driving?

As long as you don't hit the boost you will be OK.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
i'll bet hpp could swap that pulley faster than a pit crew changes a tire. why bother with it?

Users who are viewing this thread