Humming sound from TB/Eaton?

Bikeboy77

Established Member
I've been getting a humming sound from the engine compartment and it seems to be happening more and more often. I get it either after initial start up or when removing my foot off of the gas pedal. I'm guessing it's comming from the TB and is caused by some kind of vibration when the blade is fully closed and the eaton is still trying to suck in some air? If I tap the gas it stops immedietly. Anyone else have a problem like this, anything I can do to remedy this? It's starting to get obnoxious :shrug:

I'D WIN

Established Member
Play with the idle stop screw but IMO, its more than likely your IAC. Clean it or replace it.

Bikeboy77

Established Member
Anyone else have anything to input? I cleaned the IAC today with brake cleaner so I'll just have to wait and see if it makes the difference. Thanks for the ideas so far

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
I managed to clean my IAC twice over the past 3 months or so. I had to finally replace it earlier this month, after the last cleaning it hummed loud enough to scare the shit out of my wife when I cranked the truck up. LOL. Cost me about $60 at the local Advance Auto. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread