Hurst shifter $120

ultrajetboat

Established Member
I bought this shifter used from another forum, I now have the mgw. It looks cool and has great 2-3 and 3-4 shifts, but for me I could not power shift into 2nd half the time. Some people have this problem...some people don't. I would like to keep it local pickup for now.

120$

by9468840

Established Member
Have the same problem. I quite often miss 2nd gear and shift into 4th. I removed the entire shifter and mounted it again. It improved a lot but still not as good. Anyway I'm keeping it for its looks ;) that's a really good offer you have.:)

ultrajetboat

Established Member
I kept it on for half Surat because it looked so good, and power shifting into 2nd isn't something I need to be doing haha. But I finally saved up and got the mgw so this piece has to go!

Baysixx

Established Member
Have u tried installing a new shift bracket along with the shifter? I have a barton shift bracket and wonder if that would help the 1-2 shift

ultrajetboat

Established Member
No I never tried a shift bracket. My problem was I couldn't get used to not having the reverse lockout plate not being there. On the stock and mgw the shifter just slides along that plate right into 2nd, with practice I got much better at it but my brain always wanted to pull it left too much. I will say I could chirp 4th with this shifter, never did that stock or with the mgw.

jdcobra

Established Member
Have u tried installing a new shift bracket along with the shifter? I have a barton shift bracket and wonder if that would help the 1-2 shift

I had it with the Barton two post bracket and man it was amazing!!

Users who are viewing this thread