hypertech power module

93lightning

Established Member
i have a 1993 ford lightning all i have done is exhaust, pullies, bumped up timing, k&n air filter im trying to figure out whats next and i was wondering about the power module by hypertech if anyone could tell me what they think if its worth it or not i was thinking about a shift kit but not shure

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
From what Ive heard is that that a chip is not needed with a nearly stock L, but a ftvb would be a great mod to do.

Matt95L

Established Member
I'd go with the Factorytech valvebody or traction bars.Chip not going to do much since you've already bumped your timing up.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
you wont see much of a hp increase with a chip, but drivability is sure better.

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
how much of a difference does the ftvb do, what does it do exactly, will it bring down my 1/4 mile times, and how hard is it to install. seems like it would be a good investment from what i have read in this thread and in others.
thanks in advance,
Dave

Matt95L

Established Member
It makes the shifts more crisp/firm.My truck went from a 15.37 to a 15.14 with that and a set of 1.72 roller rockers.Consistency also improved greatly.

Matt95L

Established Member
It was easy drain tranny oil,remove tranny pan(be careful or you'll get dumped on),unbolt stock valvebody,bolt new stock valvebody in,put tranny pan back on,refill tranny oil.Its been awhile but i think thats everything.

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
doesn't sound to complicated. once i get a job im going to have to invest in a ftvb. thanks for the help.

Dave

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
the directions that come with it are step by step and even have photo's... you will need an inch pound torque wrench.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread