I’m the guy who bought that 04 Cobra without inspecting the car first.

Wills99Cobruh

Established Member
I tried searching the other threads but only found information on #3 cylinder. I only had enough time to pull half the plugs but if I have the order correct, this is from cylinder 8. So out of the 4 this was the only one that looked like this. Shoot me straight fellas.. kinda screwed or all the way screwed? Lol

Attachments

• IMG_1288.jpeg
    IMG_1288.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1289.jpeg
    IMG_1289.jpeg
    561.7 KB · Views: 129

Wills99Cobruh

Established Member
Electrodes look good. Probably just had the engine bay washed and there was a little water in the plugs holes on the plugs that boiled off. Just change and run it for awhile and check again.
Ok.. this side of the motor is missing the coil covers.. it looks like someone broke it off. I have to drill out the snapped off bolt and use an easy out to get em outta there. But 10-4. Thank you!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Decent looking Cobra, Will. Hoping things will turn around for you very soon. What looked to be a possible issue is now looking like a more mild fix.

Wills99Cobruh

Established Member
Decent looking Cobra, Will. Hoping things will turn around for you very soon. What looked to be a possible issue is now looking like a more mild fix.
Thank you! I’ll take the win however big or small. Ok, now I’ll stop making threads for every little thing I find wrong on the car now lol.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Agreed that looks like moisture getting in #8 plug hole. Not uncommon. The brown stain could be oil coming down from the donut gasket though, or it could be rust. Shine a light in there and look for oil at the bottom where the threads start in the head. Usually oil will make its way all the way down the threads of the plug. Not seeing evidence of that from the pic though. The fix for that is obvious...

For the moisture fix, the best way to prevent it from happening is a dab of Rtv where the harness starts to go under the coil cover. Should never leak again. Good looking car. Need to bring that ass down though! Jmo

Wills99Cobruh

Established Member
Agreed that looks like moisture getting in #8 plug hole. Not uncommon. The brown stain could be oil coming down from the donut gasket though, or it could be rust. Shine a light in there and look for oil at the bottom where the threads start in the head. Usually oil will make its way all the way down the threads of the plug. Not seeing evidence of that from the pic though. The fix for that is obvious...

For the moisture fix, the best way to prevent it from happening is a dab of Rtv where the harness starts to go under the coil cover. Should never leak again. Good looking car. Need to bring that ass down though! Jmo
What it looks like was just some water may have gotten in there. The spark plug well actually looked extremely clean and I couldn’t find any oil or signs of leaking. I bought some easy outs yesterday so I can drill the sheard bolts for the coil cover so maybe that’ll help keep water out once I put a new cover on that side. When the car got delivered to my house it was like a tsunami out and pouring down rain. That might be where that water came from now that I think about it. And I agree about the rear. The previous owner built this car for the strip so I’m almost certain he had some big ass tires on the back. It has viking coilovers in the rear so I’m hoping I can just adjust them and level this thing out. My knowledge about cars, specifically Mustangs is pretty nonexistent so I’m trying to do my best to learn as much as I can about these cars. Thanks for your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread