I beat a C6 Vette

bigslim

Established Member
Today coming home from a funeral I was heading down 8 mile when I came upon a blue droptop C6 Vette with two guys in it. I guess he thought he was going to teach me a lesson. "WRONG"! I turned off the AC and waited for the light to change. I gated him and I started to pull on him. I was very surprised at this. I thought it would be a good run with me losing. It made my day to beat this car.

C6 Z06

Established Member
bigslim said:
Today coming home from a funeral I was heading down 8 mile when I came upon a blue droptop C6 Vette with two guys in it. I guess he thought he was going to teach me a lesson. "WRONG"! I turned off the AC and waited for the light to change. I gated him and I started to pull on him. I was very surprised at this. I thought it would be a good run with me losing. It made my day to beat this car.

With your power and if the vette was an auto(also the weight of the vert) you should have no problem to pull on it. :beer:

331SC

EGO Sum Deus
Established Member
Vert's curb weight is 3199lbs.

Why does everyone underestimate the C6's auto? It's a 6spd auto with sport shifting. Guy in our club was doing low 12's at 117 with his 6spd auto targa C6

Last edited:

roadracer247

Established Member
331SC said:

Why does everyone underestimate the C6's auto? It's a 6spd auto with sport shifting. Guy in our club was doing low 12's at 117 with his 6spd auto targa C6

Am I the only person that didn't know GM made the C6 with a six speed auto...:read:

*And yes I know I asked this before too:p

SlySy

My son watches My Little Pony???wtf
Established Member
"I think" they added the 6spd auto for the 2006 model year, last year (the first for the c6's) came with the old 4 spd.

C6 Z06

Established Member
331SC said:

Hey Matt. True that the 6spd auto(2006) is better than the 2005 C6 auto, but I still find them alot slower than the C6 Z51 6spd. I also have the 06 C6 auto with paddle shifters and it was kind of slow for a 400 hp car. I had a little word done to it (tune- shift points) and now it feels like a different car. Scott. :beer:

bunk22

Established Member
331SC said:

Well, except for those A4 auto's. Many of them can't get out of the low 13's@107-108 in the 1/4 mile. Quick but not stellar. Perhaps the glorious TM, gearing and shift points has a lot to do with it.

331SC

EGO Sum Deus
Established Member
bunk22 said:
Well, except for those A4 auto's. Many of them can't get out of the low 13's@107-108 in the 1/4 mile. Quick but not stellar. Perhaps the glorious TM, gearing and shift points has a lot to do with it.

That's Gm for you. Putting TM on there flagship car.

bunk22

Established Member
331SC said:
That's Gm for you. Putting TM on there flagship car.

Yeah, it sucks. I gained .2 and 4 mph from a tune alone in the 1/8th. Granted the tune did more than just remove TM but the car drove how it should have from the factory.

C6 Z06

Established Member
bunk22 said:
Yeah, it sucks. I gained .2 and 4 mph from a tune alone in the 1/8th. Granted the tune did more than just remove TM but the car drove how it should have from the factory.

I agree!! :beer:

JUGRNAUT

Banned
sound slike you ran into a non driving ****.

391 is definitely beef, but that vette weighs considerably less and probably makes 365rwhp....

bunk22

Established Member
JUGRNAUT said:
sound slike you ran into a non driving ****.

391 is definitely beef, but that vette weighs considerably less and probably makes 365rwhp....

Several of the auto C6's dyno in the 330rwhp range.

Users who are viewing this thread