I bought a 2013 Focus ST

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
No plans yet to change my name on here although I am not sure when I will get my next cobra. So far after 3 days I really like my ST but I wanted to return it when I was being blinded from the lights in the rear view mirror. However I am over that already but not at all happy that I have to find a solution for that along with adding a rear view camera. I will try to get my dealer to stop the motor from trying to jump off the motor mounts....perhaps the TSB for the replacement motor mounts will apply to my car.

From my perspective, considering my previous cars including a 03 Kenne Bell Cobra which I owned in Germany for several years, the ST provides a thrill. It is about as fast as my 2011 V6 mustang if not a bit faster. I raced as few Focus ST's on the road in Germany in my V6 mustang (305 HP). I knew that they were quite fast under boost. You should have seen their serious looks to my chuckle after the runs. It was only for good old harmless fun. We were door to door from a roll every time. I also said to myself "what if I was in the cobra" but that wasn't the case. I was happy to see the ST not back down to the challenge.....and bring it!

I am not sure I like the way the torque steer influences what would be a great handling car. I have to learn how to drive.....again. Even with all of my experience I know not to act a hooligan as I would far too often do in my mustangs.

I will show my ST love as I have all of my cars while I own it. But I am not sure if the front wheel drive setup will ultimately win me over the next generation of mustangs. Perhaps it will!! I loved the all wheel drive Focus RS. I spent some time in one and from my time in this car I have to say I was influenced when I went to buy my ST.

This is my third Focus (04 SVT, 08 SES, and now the ST). This is the first time that my daily driver is my "FUN" car.

I will post pics soon, I am upset over the Bears loss to the Redskins. Enjoy these for now of my former Fords.

Ray

DSC_1034_zps6b9719f2.jpg

DSC_0991_zpsd5e4fec1.jpg

RayInPits1.jpg

Raypassingby1.jpg

DSC_0326-1.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread