I bought a piece for my girl for the Zombie Apocalypse...

REPCobra10

Established Member
It's a Ruger SP-101 .357 Magnum/.38 Special. I'm going to start her off with .38 Special loads, of course, and work her up to full-house .357 Magnum loads. At least, that's my plan...I'd like to at least have her shooting well with .38 Special +P rounds...

P3260002.jpg

P3260001.jpg

She's only 100-lbs, so take that into consideration...

Last edited:

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Nice, I've been wanting to pick up a 357 myself.

It's gonna be a handfull for her with 357 magnum, but the 38 special shouldn't be too bad.

REPCobra10

Established Member
Yeah, bro, the .357's may be a bit much for her, as she's only 100-lbs, but I'm going to try my best to work her up to them. As I said, bare minimum, I want her to shoot well with at least .38 Special +P rounds, but I'd prefer her to shoot well with full-house .357 Magnum loads. The 125-grain .357 Magnum round has a brutal 1-shot stop percentage! I mean, personally, I have plenty of high-powered weapons, but nothing quite so forgiving for a 100-lb woman, so that's why I got her this nice little piece. It has the ability to shoot either .357 Magnum or .38 Special...whichever one she does best with...

Last edited:

REPCobra10

Established Member
i ****ing hate those guns, come on man get a real gun revolvers are for pussys.

Haha! Thank you for the hilarious commentary, my friend! There is nothing wrong with a revolver chambered in .357 Magnum, even though you may think so! I have plenty of other weapons, possibly some of which may fall in line with your preferences, but I felt that this was a good gun for my girl...:beer:

Last edited:

Mach828

Established Member
I've got the ruger lcr .357 mag, snub nose. Revolvers are awesome. But a .357 mag in anything with a short barrel is point blank range only, unless you just want to use it as a scare tactic haha. Shooting zombies up close is a bad idea lol

SCMOKN

Established Member
I've got the ruger lcr .357 mag, snub nose. Revolvers are awesome. But a .357 mag in anything with a short barrel is point blank range only, unless you just want to use it as a scare tactic haha. Shooting zombies up close is a bad idea lol

That is what have as a back up. Nothing wrong with a revolver, no FTF or FTE with them.

Oh yeah definately best for up close and personal.

REPCobra10

Established Member
That is what have as a back up. Nothing wrong with a revolver, no FTF or FTE with them.

Oh yeah definately best for up close and personal.

Up close and personal will be just fine for her when she gets the feel for it...zombie or otherwise:beer:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
If your girl is only 100lbs, her wrists won't like the .357 too much. Those little snub nose pistols don't have much weight, so her wrists will be the shock absorbers.

This little beast is even worse, being as it weighs NOTHING!

9pq6up.jpg

mjyd69.jpg

REPCobra10

Established Member
Great looking guns--my wife wants a 40 cal pistol now, ugh !!!

You should get her a handgun. While I'm obviously playing around with zombie reference, I'm serious about you never knowing who you're going to come across out there or what their intentions are. It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have one in a bad situation.

REPCobra10

Established Member
That's a sharp looking gun, Powershift03! I know that thing is super lightweight compared to what I got for her. That's why I didn't opt for that. As you said, recoil is more or less brutal. The SP101 has some weight to it, which I like for her. I think she'll do well with it.

BTRStang

USMC Ret.
Established Member
My wife carries a 380 auto in her purse at all times. She is a social worker for special needs people and has to go in or through rough hoods everyday. She loved my 38 rev at first and then later on decided to get a auto. I carry a Ruger .38 on my ankle when Im riding or on long road trips as a back up. I love revolvers for there simpleness and low failure rate......

Monster Mach

Established Member
If your girl is only 100lbs, her wrists won't like the .357 too much. Those little snub nose pistols don't have much weight, so her wrists will be the shock absorbers.

This little beast is even worse, being as it weighs NOTHING!

9pq6up.jpg

mjyd69.jpg

the knuckle buster! yea i know that gun a little too well

Users who are viewing this thread