I bought a used bassani x-pipe for my car I think>>>

bent99

Established Member
I bought a used bassani x-pipe part number bx 4699-3 . The website stated it fit 99-04 mustang gt and 99-01 cobras with stock manifolds. I picked it up and started to realize something was different about what I saw and what I remember the stock h-pipe looked like. This x pipe has ball flanges on both the connections to the manifolds , is this correct? I thought I remembered there were two different connections one was squarish and one was a ball flange. I have numbers off the cat heat shields nat 650 6rsb 07 03 . Are there four 02 sensors on the stock h-pipe because this x-pipe has only 2 0-2 sensors. If you can help please do. The Pipes that contain the cats come off the X itself so maybe I can get the correct ones from bassani if needed?

bent99

Established Member
oh yeah I just found out this was bought at a swap meet by the guy I bought it from. I guess it is possible someone had mid length or full headers attached to this. DAMN DAMN

bent99

Established Member
Yeah I thought so. I wonder if I can buy replacement legs from bassani? I would even put the off-road legs on if I could beat the check engine light deal. Thanx for reply

matted2thefloor

Established Member
Yeah I thought so. I wonder if I can buy replacement legs from bassani? I would even put the off-road legs on if I could beat the check engine light deal. Thanx for reply

Not too sure about that! From a cost standpoint it might be cheaper and less aggravating to get the CORRECT H/X for the car.

Have you got 'er runnin' yet?

G/L...

bent99

Established Member
Oh yeah car has been runnin for a few months now. I just installed my borla cat back (not the stingers, the quieter ones) today at work. Sounds sweet. I have to update my sig. peace

Users who are viewing this thread