I/C pump help - can't search

Bockfipher

Established Member
It figures the search would be down when I really need it.

Anyway, my I/C pump is not flowing. No motion in the reservoir, IAT2's are 110* higher. Can somebody please give me the quick rundown on how to check the pump (fuse, jumping, etc)?

Thanks.

Silverboost

Established Member
right beside the strut tower on the passenger side there is a little black box (in between air intake tube and the passenger fender) Open the black box and pull the relay. you will need to run a wire from the outside slot (nearest fender) to the inside slot (nearest engine). This should jump the intercooler pump. More than likely your pump has gone out.

Bockfipher

Established Member
Yes, the 10 amp fuse is good.

On a side note, I have noticed my IAT2's at 5-10 degrees higher than usual recently, meaning they have been that much more than the usual 48-52 degree difference in IAT1's. Maybe that was a sign that the pump was failing?

Bockfipher

Established Member
If I replace the pump, it is plug-and-play, right? I shouldn't need a new pigtail or wiring, correct?

mustangtw

Established Member
While your waiting on a new pump, with the relay jumped, just go under the car and tap on it with the back of a large screwdriver or something. More than likely it will start working again for awhile. Mine stopped working a week ago and since I tapped on it, it's been working since. But I have a new one on the way because its just a matter of time before it finally goes. Good luck :beer:

BO TY KLR

Established Member
While your waiting on a new pump, with the relay jumped, just go under the car and tap on it with the back of a large screwdriver or something. More than likely it will start working again for awhile. Mine stopped working a week ago and since I tapped on it, it's been working since. But I have a new one on the way because its just a matter of time before it finally goes. Good luck :beer:

Yea I caught my pump stopping several times over last summer. Hitting it always started it, only to stop short time later. Picked up a Meziere over the winter for my replacement.

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
could it have just been a air lock? mine has done that several times. just pulled off the upper res hose and blew in it and it popped the air pocket threw... but then again i could hear my pump tryin to run but nothing moving in the res. i dunno... just an idea.

Bockfipher

Established Member
I thought about the possibility of an air lock as well, but I never could get the pump running. Got a new one on the way. Hopefully I can get another 40k out of this one.

Users who are viewing this thread