I can not bang my gears.....questions ???

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
other than my Steeda shifter my T56 set up is all stock as of now

every once in awhile I push my clutch to the floor and let is slam up to adjust the plastic POS clutch cable adjuster. It helps some. But regardless and more so at high rpm shifts even my 1-2 shift but mainly my 2-3 shifts it feels like I run into a wall that I have to push through just before it goes into gear even with the clutch pedal all the way to the floor as hard as it will go. Actually if I have it in my mind I'm cramming it into the next gear one way or another as fast as I can the hesitation prior to going all the way into gear hurts my damn elbow lol.

my old SPEC and TKO 600 set up was flawless and it would just glide into the next gear at any rpm so effortlessly.

so my question is should my T56 do this also with the correct set up also ? My drivetrain only has 23k miles on it and the clutch seems to work flawlessly otherwise.

What all should I do here ?? transmission fluid change ? adjuster parts ? new cable ?

thanks guys

VincodeY

Established Member
what he said. if you are running the stock junk, it seems the above has been the cure. Wish someone would find a cure for the aftermarket guys. I have a brand new clutch and flywheel. I have the firewall adjuster, quad and a new factory cable. filled the tranny with syncromesh and i still hit a wall no matter where I put the adjustment on the firewall. Its not the worst, but its not as it should be. I just live with it for now. The only thing I can think of is replacing the clutch fork and getting a new Ford Racing TOB and see if that helps. Dont really wanna drop the tranny again to replace 70 bucks worth of parts.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
wow thanks Jim !!!!! that did the trick !

fairly simple to do also.

anyone who has not done this mod either...

a. has already wasted their money (as I have done in the past) on a triple hook and firewall adjuster since this mod does the same thing

b. too lazy to do this quick and simple free mod

or

c. never rows their gears to care about how their transmission shifts anyway

thanks man really appreciate it !

more here of my expierence with it...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-230/389553-how-adjust-clutch-cable-8.html#post9033441

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread