I cancelled my order for a GT

SGL

Banned
Well guys, I cancelled my order for a GT. I just learned that Volkswagen will indeed produce the Bugatti supercar at $1.3M each. I ordered two. one for my wife and one for myself.

With 16 cylinders, 4 turbos, 1000hp and a top speed of 250mph that should take care of any competitors from Ford, GM, DCX, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Ferrari or any other.

I will leave to you, "peasants", the joy of modding your GT to reach these same numbers.

On a more serious note, that car is ridiculous. I thought it had died when VW's CEO left. I was wrong. C&D has an article on the car this month. I visited the museum next to the plant a few years ago. Very nice but Bugatti hasn't produced a car since the 30's. :shrug:

barondw

Established Member
Bugatti produced cars in the 1950's. The Type 101 was a reworked pre-war Type 57. The also produced the Type 251 Grand Prix racing car. Bugatti also sold cars in the late 1980's or early 1990's. Very few but they did sell some.

MassiveAttack

Established Member
barondw said:
Bugatti produced cars in the 1950's. The Type 101 was a reworked pre-war Type 57. The also produced the Type 251 Grand Prix racing car. Bugatti also sold cars in the late 1980's or early 1990's. Very few but they did sell some.

Bugatti's fame and racing success is from the 1930's NOT the 1950's

CHRIS

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
eh- the S7 is reported to have a twin turbo (intercooled) version producing about 1000hp, I'd rather have that- looks a little better and isnt so heavy

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
But No Wait The Supra Can Smoke That Gayron. More Power From 3 literz Y0! Supra This, Supra That, Supra Supra Supra!!!!

barondw

Established Member
MassiveAttack said:
Bugatti's fame and racing success is from the 1930's NOT the 1950's

CHRIS

And did I say anything different. Please learn to read before replying.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
The Veyron got scragged by the Koenigsegg before it even went into production.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Just saw the Top Gear vid on the Koenigsegg CC and it made me pop a woodie. I can't wait until Jeremy Clarkson gets ahold of a Veyron and beats it to within an inch of it's life!

Last edited:

MassiveAttack

Established Member
barondw said:
And did I say anything different. Please learn to read before replying.

I DID read......but when you say "Bugatti produced cars in the 1950's."

That would be like in 10 years saying, "Oh who was Ford? Ford was a manufacturer of ultra-high performance sports cars" Sounds a bit off of reality.

VERY few Bugattis were actually produced in the 1950's. Ettore had been dead for like 3 years.....

My point is if you are making a post about a company like Bugatti, I would forget the 1950s AND the EB110.

CHRIS

barondw

Established Member
MassiveAttack said:
I DID read......but when you say "Bugatti produced cars in the 1950's."

That would be like in 10 years saying, "Oh who was Ford? Ford was a manufacturer of ultra-high performance sports cars" Sounds a bit off of reality.

VERY few Bugattis were actually produced in the 1950's. Ettore had been dead for like 3 years.....

My point is if you are making a post about a company like Bugatti, I would forget the 1950s AND the EB110.

CHRIS

You win you can revise history anyway you like. But they produced cars in the 1950s and later on whether you like it or not. :beer:

Swing

lovestolaunch
Established Member
serpentnoir said:
Well guys, I cancelled my order for a GT. I just learned that Volkswagen will indeed produce the Bugatti supercar at $1.3M each. I ordered two. one for my wife and one for myself.

With 16 cylinders, 4 turbos, 1000hp and a top speed of 250mph that should take care of any competitors from Ford, GM, DCX, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Ferrari or any other.

I will leave to you, "peasants", the joy of modding your GT to reach these same numbers.

On a more serious note, that car is ridiculous. I thought it had died when VW's CEO left. I was wrong. C&D has an article on the car this month. I visited the museum next to the plant a few years ago. Very nice but Bugatti hasn't produced a car since the 30's. :shrug:
you can afford TWO bugatti's, but you drive a 99 cobra with only 405 to the rear? Thats interesting.

SGL

Banned
Swing said:
you can afford TWO bugatti's, but you drive a 99 cobra with only 405 to the rear? Thats interesting.

Buddy, chill out. It's a frigging joke!

Users who are viewing this thread