I can't quit...........

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
Well, as some of you may know I hate my job.

Last week I was offered a new one that is pretty much exactly what I am looking for.

Now the problem is, I can't quit my current job. Not only is it difficult to quit a place that you have been at for a while but I just can't get a hold of any of my managers to let them know.

My main manager is about 1 hour away and I have called her 4 times but she is in meetings all day.

I was out of the office the better part of today in meetings and when I got back my next resort, my supervisor, was gone for the day.

I don't know what to do. I need to quit now so I can get 2 weeks notice in before I start my new job. Should I leave my resignation letter on my supervisor's desk? Should I call my manager again?

How have you guys quit jobs in the past?

Last edited:

roadracer247

Established Member
Leave it on the desk. Also call and leave them a message. If your quitting your job you shouldn't be too worried about satisfying your boss. Cause chances are they are going to be pissed anyway you go about it. At some point you have to start looking out for yourself and not worry about the other person...

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
roadracer247 said:
Leave it on the desk. Also call and leave them a message. If your quitting your job you shouldn't be too worried about satisfying your boss. Cause chances are they are going to be pissed anyway you go about it. At some point you have to start looking out for yourself and not worry about the other person...

I thought about that. I just want to handle this in the right way. I have always been told not to burn bridges when leaving a job and I have run into occasions where I am glad that I didn't.

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
MassCobra said:
Don't they have cell phones?

They do. I have called my manager's cell 3 times and I left her a voice mail at her office phone. She is very bad at getting back to people, plus she can't answer in a meeting.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
JaysGreenLX said:
Then I can clutch my stapler and go on vacation with money I find as I am lighting the place up.

Sounds like you've already had this planned. Good luck with it :thumbsup:

LocoGT

Banned
JaysGreenLX said:
They do. I have called my manager's cell 3 times and I left her a voice mail at her office phone. She is very bad at getting back to people, plus she can't answer in a meeting.
If they don't reply then it is on them. You did your part

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
Do like everyone else suggested, leave a letter and leave a voice mail...2 weeks from that date dont show up to work anymore. Nothing else you can do.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
JaysGreenLX said:
No just making reference to Office Space.

I know. I am just screwing around. Office Space rocks :rockon: . Expecially if you actually work in an office...

Last edited:

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
BlueOvalAvenger said:
Do like everyone else suggested, leave a letter and leave a voice mail...2 weeks from that date dont show up to work anymore. Nothing else you can do.

I'm actually hoping they don't hold me to the two week thing. They haven't with everyone else that has left. Usually its 2 days to a week. I need a little vacation so I am trying to quit as fast as I can.

taronis

Banned
Use a letter of resignation

copy: your immediate supervisor
your supervisor's supervisor
your HR representative

Date the letter, state your terms (i.e. the length of notice), and your last day.

Better: send the above through registered mail and get a receipt. Take the receipt and use it as your ticket out on your last day.

OR: you could NOT tell them and collect 2 paychecks until they find out. This is VERY dangerous.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Send them a letter by certified mail keep the reciept saying they signed for it, and a copy of the letter...if it ever comes back in the future that they say you quit without notice you have proof you gave notice...

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
03cobrablack said:
Send them a letter by certified mail keep the reciept saying they signed for it, and a copy of the letter...if it ever comes back in the future that they say you quit without notice you have proof you gave notice...

I don't think I really even need anything in writing. It can't hurt though.

Users who are viewing this thread