Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member
Discuss....

0015-1.jpg

0011.jpg

0010-2.jpg

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Hmmm....... I thought the Amsoil oil filters were good for 25,000 miles. They look the same to me

Nope 12,500 miles. They say if you go for the 25,000 mile oil changes you need to change your filter every 12,500 and add the correct amount of oil that is lost.

I have used both and have had no problems with either and I run Amsoil in ALL my vehicles except for my 1995 T-Bird.

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
I have a powerstroke running all amsoil I have done some 11k intervals but now im trying the extended drain interval 25k or one year and then sending it to lab to see results. It says right on my amsoil filter box " Ea oil filters are quaranteed to 25,000 miles or one year service life, whichever comes first, when used in conjunction with amsoil synthetic oil".

RussZTT

Established Member
I'm an Amsoil dealer so that is all I run, plus I have sold alot to others on car/motorcycle boards. :rockon:

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
I change mine with every oil change?
Same here.....I replace my Motorcraft filter every oil change......its just an extra few bucks. I'd be 'scared' to not replace it for a lengthy amount of miles. Then again, I don't put any miles on my car really.

Is this gasoline and/or diesel engine specific?

Interesting topic though.

boosted306

Established Member
I have used a lot of filters and I always go with Motorcraft FL1a. If it is good enough for pro 5.0 guys, they're good enough for me

RussZTT

Established Member
I have used a lot of filters and I always go with Motorcraft FL1a. If it is good enough for pro 5.0 guys, they're good enough for me
Race car is different than a street car. Pro 5.0 guys change their oil after every few runs along with filter. :beer:

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
I'm an Amsoil dealer so that is all I run, plus I have sold alot to others on car/motorcycle boards. :rockon:

So is my dad. We change filters every 5k, and top off with whatever Amsoil grade the car has. Then do a full change every 25k.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Reminds me...I need to change my oil. I've been wanting to try Amsoil, is it avail. in stores?

Users who are viewing this thread