I did it. Sold the SB Cobra for the GT350.

Osiris

Established Member
Maybe not even. The 350 puts the power down better than any car I have driven. So for a pure traction standpoint, the 350 will beat a lot of cars with more hp and tq at a random stoplight with cool tires.
Feels even better on corn ;)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Osiris

Established Member
What tune did you go with? Noticeable difference on corn?
Lund's Flex tune with JLT's CAI.

Haven't done any exhaust work. Not sure I want to go that route yet.

Feeling is definitely different, more so in sport mode. To me it feels best at 60%. E85 is about 60 cents a gallon cheaper than 87 in my area, so its tempting to do the whole tank, but it seems to stutter a bit more. Every so often I'll treat her to a tank of 101 race fuel. Hoo boy that's a hoot. I had them do a race tune as well.

ClayDee

Established Member
Lund's Flex tune with JLT's CAI.

Haven't done any exhaust work. Not sure I want to go that route yet.

Feeling is definitely different, more so in sport mode. To me it feels best at 60%. E85 is about 60 cents a gallon cheaper than 87 in my area, so its tempting to do the whole tank, but it seems to stutter a bit more. Every so often I'll treat her to a tank of 101 race fuel. Hoo boy that's a hoot. I had them do a race tune as well.

I live in the sticks so no corn anywhere near me or pump race gas. Just the good ole non ethanol 93. Could use some torco for a race tune I guess. What's color is your GT350?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

In that vid, the 3rd 4th 5th and 6th pulls are great. 1&2 suck.

Let’s be honest, these cars aren’t slow.

I want to get a used track pack ‘16 one next year and do some na/chassis and weight reduction mods to it. Maybe go single turbo a few years later and rebuild with a cpc if the fpc lets go.

I don’t plan to ever sell my 03, but I haven’t wanted a mustang this bad since the 03’s were brand new. I had a gt drop top then and did a lot of leg work to get that one fixed, sold and saved up to buy my 03 in cash at that time.

I’m thinking even if you end up missing the 03, you can always buy another one a little later on. They are holding value strong so it’s not likely to be a bad idea even if bought purely as a once a month kind of car.

ClayDee

Established Member

In that vid, the 3rd 4th 5th and 6th pulls are great. 1&2 suck.

Let’s be honest, these cars aren’t slow.

I want to get a used track pack ‘16 one next year and do some na/chassis and weight reduction mods to it. Maybe go single turbo a few years later and rebuild with a cpc if the fpc lets go.

I don’t plan to ever sell my 03, but I haven’t wanted a mustang this bad since the 03’s were brand new. I had a gt drop top then and did a lot of leg work to get that one fixed, sold and saved up to buy my 03 in cash at that time.

I’m thinking even if you end up missing the 03, you can always buy another one a little later on. They are holding value strong so it’s not likely to be a bad idea even if bought purely as a once a month kind of car.

Yea, it walked on that pullied Cobra pretty good. I Don't condone street racing, but nice pulls by both!

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Yea, it walked on that pullied Cobra pretty good. I Don't condone street racing, but nice pulls by both!

I get annoyed and irritated by people saying how slow a gt350 is when they have a slower car usually. They’ll be the first to talk about how much torque and pull their car has, and talk crap on a gt350, then when you physically show them “hey, these gt350’s trap 123+ with bolt ons, some are doing 125+...” they still say “torque, launch bla bla”

Gt350’s trap bolt on 03 cobra range stock (115-118mph)

Gt350’s with tune/bolt on’s and maybe e85 trap pullied 03 cobra range (120-125).

I love the hypocrisy of calling the gt350 slow when it’s completely in line with 03 cobras yet the 03 cobra gets a pass as so fast when it’s harder to put an 03 cobra in the 11’s on street tires (non drag radial) than it is a gt350. Bizarro world. And I’m probably the biggest 03 cobra fan on the site. I’ll never sell mine and I want to buy more of them. Facts are facts though, the gt350 has plenty of straighline in it

Osiris

Established Member
I love having both. Feel blessed to say so. Both are different experiences. My Cobra is virtually stock (intake/tune only) and the 350 has the same mods. The 350 will outrun the Cobra for sure, but not by much...Testament to the Cobra, it's still relevant today. But if I took both to a road course, the 350 would simply destroy the Cobra, and that's what this car is all about. Yeah, it'll get you around just fine on the street, but to feel the way it handles, how flat and grippy it is on a cloverleaf, how lightning quick the reflexes are, the braking, and that Godly roar as it pulls to 8,000....THAT's what the car is about.

Forget stupid ass roll races. Post up those track vids. That's where you'll see the GT350 shine.

Osiris

Established Member
I live in the sticks so no corn anywhere near me or pump race gas. Just the good ole non ethanol 93. Could use some torco for a race tune I guess. What's color is your GT350?

That's the beauty of the flex tune. It'll detect the octane and adjust timing. I can't get 93 here unless I visit one of two or three stations in the entire city, and then, if I want it I'll pay $4 a gallon to get it. OR pay $2.31 a gallon for E85 and about $3.20 a gallon for 91. All you need to do is mix them. There are apps that will tell you how much to get of each based on what % you want to run. I've noticed the car do best around 60% it seems, but only a dyno will tell me fo sure.

Every 4 or 5 tanks I like to clean it out by running 100% gas through it at least 2 tanks. I have a '16 with about 11,700 miles on it so it sorta takes a while. It's not ideal to let E85 sit for too long as I understand so whenever I've run a full tank of it I try to drive it out within a couple of days. Easy to do as the car seems to average about 15 mpg on it, hahahaha

It's Triple Yellow. I'll post pix once SVTP starts working again. lol

Osiris

Established Member
Here are a couple...after a good wash and out for a cruise on 66...
3595282fbcd6c12da99faca3bf78a55c.jpg
5698775c787e8df4ac7873188cfed3ee.jpg

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
I get annoyed and irritated by people saying how slow a gt350 is when they have a slower car usually. They’ll be the first to talk about how much torque and pull their car has, and talk crap on a gt350, then when you physically show them “hey, these gt350’s trap 123+ with bolt ons, some are doing 125+...” they still say “torque, launch bla bla”

The GT350 is slow. I own a ZL1 and a Cobra. LOL. :rolleyes:

ClayDee

Established Member
Here are a couple...after a good wash and out for a cruise on 66...View attachment 1494106View attachment 1494107

Looks Good! I was considering the triple yellow, it was priced quite a bit better than any other color.
When I pick mine up, I'm sure I'll keep it stock because of warranty issues. Thats a lot of bread to fork out, then mod and then the dealership tell you they are not going to cover x y z broken part or motor because you modified your car. I'm sure I'll have the mod bug but will have to hold off, lol.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The GT350 is slow. I own a ZL1 and a Cobra. LOL. :rolleyes:

Your zl1 is slow, I own a 1200whp 03 cobra. LOL.

My cobra is slow, my friend has an 1800whp Lamborghini.

His car is slow, MMR has a 3500hp modular running 5’s.

MMR’s car is slow, nitro dragsters run 3’s.

Nitro dragsters are slow, the speed of light is 187,000 miles/second or 670,000,000mph...

But back to this discussion my car traps 165 and yours traps 130. (Light hearted poking because you=darksider... grrr! Haha, beautiful car man, I think zl1’s are severely underrated. Exceptional car by all accounts, cheers)

Osiris

Established Member
Looks Good! I was considering the triple yellow, it was priced quite a bit better than any other color.
When I pick mine up, I'm sure I'll keep it stock because of warranty issues. Thats a lot of bread to fork out, then mod and then the dealership tell you they are not going to cover x y z broken part or motor because you modified your car. I'm sure I'll have the mod bug but will have to hold off, lol.

Interesting, since TY is an additional cost color. It's also the rarest of the '16's (210 IIRC), not sure about the other years. Avalanche Grey was my first choice but glad I chose yellow in the end.

I'm not too worried about the dealer, the tune has been proven safe, plenty of people use it, and as little as I get on it, I doubt I could be doing much harm. I've datalogged, watched A/Fs, etc.

No issues whatsoever, but I do get your point...

Drewsky65

Established Member

Gt350’s trap bolt on 03 cobra range stock (115-118mph)

Gt350’s with tune/bolt on’s and maybe e85 trap pullied 03 cobra range (120-125).

I love the hypocrisy of calling the gt350 slow when it’s completely in line with 03 cobras yet the 03 cobra gets a pass as so fast when it’s harder to put an 03 cobra in the 11’s on street tires (non drag radial) than it is a gt350. Bizarro world. And I’m probably the biggest 03 cobra fan on the site. I’ll never sell mine and I want to buy more of them. Facts are facts though, the gt350 has plenty of straighline in it

Like hearing this from someone who has BOTH! I think we all need to go back sometimes as mustang (or just any fast car owners) and look past just power and speed. Yah the cobra does this and the 350 is track... blah blah blah.. let’s look outside the box from what we all normally talk about. The new gt350 has over a decade of technology and ride enhancing tech over the terminator. It’s pretty much better in every single way. I can list all the things but it’s too long. Half the reason I traded my 2013 gt500 for a 17 350 was the pure technology upgrade. Night and day from just 4 years later. Who knows where we will be in these mustangs 4 more years down the road?!

I would LOVE to have a terminator in my collection and have it as a 1-2 time a month weekend cruiser! But daily or even weekly driving will go to the 350 hands down.

ClayDee

Established Member
Interesting, since TY is an additional cost color. It's also the rarest of the '16's (210 IIRC), not sure about the other years. Avalanche Grey was my first choice but glad I chose yellow in the end.

I'm not too worried about the dealer, the tune has been proven safe, plenty of people use it, and as little as I get on it, I doubt I could be doing much harm. I've datalogged, watched A/Fs, etc.

No issues whatsoever, but I do get your point...

Yea, there is a TY, 18 on Fleabay right now for 58,xxx or best offer. Love that color! The Race Red just does something too me though. Outstanding color!

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I’m all in on putting cash aside to pick up a used 16 track pack or possibly barely used 19 next year. I love the changes such as the gurney flap, r grill, spring rate and mr calibration change

Ford is building a $150k car for $60k. I would have zero doubt that in a comparison with an r8 v8, sl500 or c63 coupe black series, m4 gts, Maserati coupe, and an Aston Martin vantage that a gt350 would more than hold its own on track and flat out be the best driving car of the group. Most enjoyable and fun for sure by miles and miles.

Having spent an hour in a tech gt350 with a supercharger, I can also say it’s plenty great as a tuner car for the beepbeepwot game with little boost.

Osiris

Established Member
Yea, there is a TY, 18 on Fleabay right now for 58,xxx or best offer. Love that color! The Race Red just does something too me though. Outstanding color!
350s are sexy in any color! I really want to see it in Ford Performance Blue!

Users who are viewing this thread