I don't want to be mean but...

DCMustang00

Established Member
:D dont worry, i will have a 13 second all motor six banger and then strap on that blower and ill see what i can do with some Cobra R's ;)

BTW, i really am not trying to be a prick. just a little rivalry between "brothers"

Andy M

Established Member
DC:

There is room in the world for both of 'em, V6 AND V8... and don't forget I6 and I4 cars too... Bottom line, I just love cool cars, no matter what kind of power is under the hood.

However, I must say that I am totally addicted to the V8 power and torque now. I had a supercharged M3 before getting the M5, and although the M3 was fast (inline 6 making 355 HP with the blower attached) it is no match for the torque that its big brother makes in the M5 with the V8. And then, I bought the Cobra R - and this thing is just a MONSTER! As far as beating it in the quarter mile? yep, it may not be the fastest quarter mile car around, but then again, that is not what the car was designed for. However, pull the wing and the splitter off the car, change out the IRS and put in a live axle, bolt on some slicks, and I think the R is good for mid to high 11's. Of course, the same can be accomplished with a V6 and a blower. But no matter what the horsepower, you must find a way to get the power and torque to the pavement with minimal wheel hop and minimal spin??? That is the trick!

I really do miss the distinctive scream that the inline 6 in my E36 M3 made though at high RPMs?!! It was sooooo sweet!

Glad to see you V6 guys are having fun too!

Last edited:

DCMustang00

Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
DC:

There is room in the world for both of 'em, V6 AND V8... and don't forget I6 and I4 cars too... Bottom line, I just love cool cars, no matter what kind of power is under the hood.

However, I must say that I am totally addicted to the V8 power and torque now. I had a supercharged M3 before getting the M5, and although the M3 was fast (inline 6 making 355 HP with the blower attached) it is no match for the torque that its big brother makes in the M5 with the V8. And then, I bought the Cobra R - and this thing is just a MONSTER! As far as beating it in the quarter mile? yep, it may not be the fastest quarter mile car around, but then again, that is not what the car was designed for. However, pull the wing and the splitter off the car, change out the IRS and put in a live axle, bolt on some slicks, and I think the R is good for mid to high 11's. Of course, the same can be accomplished with a V6 and a blower. But no matter what the horsepower, you must find a way to get the power and torque to the pavement with minimal wheel hop and minimal spin??? That is the trick!

I really do miss the distinctive scream that the inline 6 in my E36 M3 made though at high RPMs?!! It was sooooo sweet!

Glad to see you V6 guys are having fun too!
I'm all for the cool cars. One thing I don't like is when people take economy cars and try to make them fast. You can say that about the six cylinder Mustangs but the fact for everyone is that they do what they love to do. I don't hate Hondas because they are Hondas but because of what SOME people do and they way that person acts is why I don't give respect right away. They have to earn it in my eyes.

One day I will be able to pull next to a 00 R (if I ever see one in Oklahoma again) and just know that I can have respect because of the love and hard work I put into my car.

Besides, if I pulled up to a 00 R, I would be too :chicken: to do anything. ;-) :burnout:

RapidRunner

Established Member
Sick thing is a kid put 35K in a 4000 dollar Eclipse and it will spank my car. He had 3500 in the crank, funny my forged Steel 4340 stroker crank was only 450 bucks... All comes down to money! I like the "fast and furious cars" most will not even turn there head when they here me go by. Must be the sticker guys with guages and body kits. I am scared however of twin hairdryers on Supras and 300zx!!!

Hey MOM and Dad please send 20K so I can beat the rice rockets in a race, Thanks, Your son

HAHHAHA:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread