I drifted the cobra today.

Cobra Kai

Never Dies
Established Member
Tokyo Drift aka Fast ans Furious III should be in theaters soon. Hoping to see some American Muscle in it. :)

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Some you guys' horses are way too high...

urwtdrm said:
Im guessing you're 17? If you crash and kill someone how cool would that be. People were not slow down to watch you, they staying away from you because they thought you would be wrecking shortly.

So I see you have a 400+ whp Sonic Blue. How bout next time you speed we get on your case and tell you that you shouldn't be using your car like that on public roads. But let me guess, you only do that on the track :nonono:

blkstangman88

Established Member
why do ppl complain sooooo much in america??? im sure every "idiot" on these forums doing stupid acts in public places are well aware of what could happin if they loose control or hit someone. if they do, then let that be a leason to them cuz im sure a ticket/jail time or a guilty consions will be haunting them

ChrisUlrich

Metallica
Established Member
ID3Racing said:
let me first off say it wasn't 100% intentional.
Ive been learning to drift from a friend who has a s15 Nissan Silvia (usually at a large open parking lot at his fathers work) and on my way home for lunch today form work i passed another 99/01 cobra (white vert) and i decided to give a little rev as i flew by. well i was going for a down shift when the light i was stopping for changed to green well i popped the clutch on accident(its going out so its kinda sticky :shrug: ) and bam next thing i know I'm completely sideways and I'm in a perfect drift. i was so please with myself at the next turn i had to do it again. and i was around 60 mph coming to a 6 lane turn (3 lanes each side) and then i popped the clutch (this time on purpose) and i was sideways aging. and i remembered what my friend was teaching me and to feather the throttle and not rev max it to burn out well i was doing everything perfectly (i think) cause when i looked back all i saw was a huge cloud of smoke behind me and everybody who was fallowing me slowed down to see.

Well i just had to say that. i was having a really crappy day till then and now everything is getting better. :rockon: :thumbsup: :beer:

Why don't all the people who have negative sh!t to say just not say it? Take your business elsewhere... stop trying to be a super hero and enlighten us with your bullsh!t lecture. Cuz i'm sure when you were younger you were a perfect angel. But i'm sure none of you drink? None of you smoke? None of you do anything that's unhealthy or a tad silly?

Anyway...

Bad ass story dude! I have a similar story! I was at the race spot in Newark... I see a 96-98 SVT Cobra Convertible there...? wtf? The spot is Newark is ALLLL Rice... fast freakin cars though. Most of them are crap, but you can get caught real bad if you aren't careful. So anyway, he's sitting at a light and there he is... sitting there all beautiful and white. haha

I wanted to give a little patch for him... but hrm. haha I started the turn and gave it a quick punch in first and I launched the car sideways and had my ass end right next to his ear... it was so sexy. haha I figured that would make him bite and have him race me. But nah... bitch. haha

So I went back around to check my marks... two identical skin marks from my Nitto 555rs making a 90 degree angle. So unintentional but so beautiful. haha :)

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
ford_racer said:

So I see you have a 400+ whp Sonic Blue. How bout next time you speed we get on your case and tell you that you shouldn't be using your car like that on public roads. But let me guess, you only do that on the track :nonono:

congratulations, that's a great analogy. you must be in high school with that type of mentality. going over the speed limit does not compare AT ALL to drifting your car 90 degrees sideways on a public road at 60mph.

03CobraDude

ford_racer said:

+1... This site is full of hypocrites!

blown 03

Established Member
urwtdrm said:
Im guessing you're 17? If you crash and kill someone how cool would that be. People were not slow down to watch you, they staying away from you because they thought you would be wrecking shortly.
okey first of all the "mustang" was not meant to be drivin like my moms mini van so drive the damn mustang like it was meant to be drivin!!!!!!!!!

blown 03

Established Member
kirks5oh said:
everyone wonders why car insurance is so high for males under the age of 25.....its because of idiots like the original poster. drifting a car on a public road and commenting on how others behind you slowed down to watch is pure stupidity.

as stated before, they were certainly not slowing down in awe of your driving skills, they were slowing down because they thought you were going to run your car off the road, and/or into them.

i can't even believe other people here are agreeing with what this jackass did. also, i've gone through several clutches on my previous mustangs and they never get "sticky" the way you are describing, so maybe you just dont know what the f*ck you're talking about??
wut r u B******* about its not affectin you its affecting his insurance so let the man do wtf he wants to do with his life...last time i checked we lived in a FREE country

blown 03

Established Member
kirks5oh said:
congratulations, that's a great analogy. you must be in high school with that type of mentality. going over the speed limit does not compare AT ALL to drifting your car 90 degrees sideways on a public road at 60mph.
you only live once...live life to its max!!!!!!!!

I Eat Rice

Established Member
03silversvt said:
I would love to see a 6 lane interstate that enables you too drift. Please post pics buddy. Im pretty sure the guy did it on a public road. And to the guy who did the dangerous act i only have one thing to say, Your a crazy bastard! Make sure you get that shit on film so i can see that shit. I did that one time in my brothers 5.0 back in the day. Take care bub

I'm not sure what the roads are like in Pennsylvania, but here in Wisconsin on I-94 heading South torwards Chicago there are multiple pieces of 6 lane interstate you could powerslide on. In some parts it even comes a 10-12 lane highway.

Sorry you are living in a bubble.

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
blown 03 said:
wut r u B******* about its not affectin you its affecting his insurance so let the man do wtf he wants to do with his life...last time i checked we lived in a FREE country

Wrong asshole, it IS affecting my insurance. MY insurance has gone up twice due to increased claims on Cobras since I bought mine. :poke:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Great. Now I have to worry about even more kids drifting around corners. If you're going to be dumb and irresponsible, at least do it the smart way. Go to a mall parking lot after hours proceed to tear up your cobra.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
blown 03 said:

you apparently don't know your head from your ass baby boy. everytime one of you dipshits thinks you're vin diesel and wrecks your car (and make an insurance claim), it causes others' insurance rates to go up ever so slightly.

you generally should know a little about what you're going to comment on before you open your mouth. good luck to you.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
ChrisUlrich said:
Why don't all the people who have negative sh!t to say just not say it? Take your business elsewhere... stop trying to be a super hero and enlighten us with your bullsh!t lecture. Cuz i'm sure when you were younger you were a perfect angel. But i'm sure none of you drink? None of you smoke? None of you do anything that's unhealthy or a tad silly?
:)

chris, last time i checked drinking and smoking are legal in the united states. i'm not saying i've never sped or drag raced before, but i don't do it in a way that causes other motorists "to slow down and watch (in horror)"

i'm not being a hypocrite in any way, i'm just telling him to take it to a desserted area.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
blown 03 said:

Last time I checked it's illegal to drift your car on public roads at 60mph.

Aside from the requisite insurance hike that everyone experiences due to shit like this, who is it that pays for the clean up after the drifter wraps his car around a telephone pole or flips it on the interstate?

nugen

Established Member
Look out!

ID3Racing said:
Im 20 FYI. and i know what can happen.

and just to piss peopel off, i will go back and get video of it.

check back for an update.

Alright everyone. Display of horsepower is illegal, but we need to back off. The 20 year old has spoken.

Word of advice son, if you wouldn't do it in front of a cop then you shouldn't do it all! Then again, I remember when I was 20, so you probably know everything. Some lessons are best learned the hard way. Have fun pissing people off.
:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread