I finally bought a real truck

fitforspeed

Established Member
Man that is a nice looking truck, topper makes more usable and gives a good look too. Wheels, tires, stance, color, man I do like it!

coposrv

Established Member
Nice truck. Looks clean. After owning 2 of these for roughly 300k miles don't be afraid of 'em. Good filters,fluids, maintenance and a monitor it's going to be a great truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B0B

Established Member
Very cool and those wheels are tits.

BTW: Did you ever find a Bullitt?

Thanks! I did find one. I made an arrangement with a guy in Phoenix. We are flying down to pick it up and drive it home on 4/22. We are making a vacation/road trip out of it. We are both looking forward to it. I've never been to Az, the Grand Canyon, or Vegas, so we get to check out all three.

Both gutless pigs. Would not own.

OP gorgeous truck! If it was me, i'd spend the $2500 and bulletproof it. Never have to worry about it again.

The 6.0 is a bad ass motor and takes WELL to tuning once bulletproofed. The trans will take over 500whp (over 1000 tq) all day too which is an added bonus.

Thank you. I spent a lot of time reading into the 6.0. They received a horrible reputation due to their short comings and people are afraid of them. It is really easy to make them reliable. I'm going to drive it the way it is and go through the whole thing if/when it gives up. With the Coolant changed out and the EGR turned off it should withstand everything I intend to throw at it. I religiously keep my eye on EGT, EOT, ECT, FICM voltage, and Fuel pressure. I have a 40hp FICM tune and a IDP street tune so it should be at about 400rwhp and 700 rwtq right now.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Enjoy that truck, I agree that you are better off without all the electronics. Simple is so much easier to repair !

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That truck looks great. I could do without the lift for my use, but you got yourself a winner right there. Is it auto or manual?

B0B

Established Member
Never seen a Single cab fx4 much less in a F350. Can't be the smoothest riding rig......

Surprisingly not bad. 05-16 all share the same front suspension so they handle pretty well. The canopy puts just enough preload on the rear to keep it from being too stiff.

That truck looks great. I could do without the lift for my use, but you got yourself a winner right there. Is it auto or manual?

Thanks. Wasn't too excited about the lift at first either but it has grown on me. It's a 5R110 auto

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Great looking truck! Straight pipe it! Can't beat that 6.0 whistle!

This^ one of the best sounding diesels. Congrats looks good. Never seen a single cab FX4 diesel around my neck of the woods.

Users who are viewing this thread