I got a bet going with one of the guys here in the shop...

TJ@RPMtrans

Established Member
One of the guys in the shop has an 03 Silverado SS truck, extended cab, all wheel drive.
He put an LS3 with a decent sized cam in it and a 150 shot. He also has one of our transmissions and a 3200 stall converter.

I have an 03 L with a ported blower, CAI, 4# pulley, e fans and my own version of the killer chiller, and a 3000 stall converter. I'll put some DR's or slicks on as well...

What do you think?

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Man that should be a good race. Yea there heavy, but he has a stout setup from the sounds of it. Make sure you run some slicks, and your should have no issues.

99lightning_svt

Established Member
SS with nitrous are crazy iv raced them in my Mach and they launch like a dam drag car be ware they don't spin so it will be catch up race!

TJ@RPMtrans

Established Member
His cam is bigger than that but the intake that he runs is worse so it should be about 485 crank hp... with a 150 shot... should be 635 crank hp.

I don't know where I'm at in Hp but I could put a 50 shot on it too...

I can't let him win...

If he wins I have to run a huge chevy emblem in my back window for a month!

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
Not a good idea as our trucks fall flat on their face without the blower. The LS1 will run just fine without the spray.

Jim

true ive raced an awd ss silverado xtended cab with a 100 shot and beat him not by much but a win is a win! my mods bassani cat back cai other that that stock on bald f1s.... and he has way nore mods then me so he should be able to beat him with traction...
chevy cai no cats 100 shot tune...
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/04-SVT-Lightning-vs-Chevy_163232.htm"]04 SVT Lightning vs. Chevy SS- Video[/ame]

Last edited:

Taunto

Established Member
Go out and beat him down man... like said before.. make sure u can run slicks and hope u can hook real good.... get video of the race for sure

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Did everyone miss the part where he said the truck had a cammed LS3 with a 150 shot? Not to mention a good trans and stall, depending on his tires it sounds like you'll need to add the nitrous if you want to have any chance.

His truck will probably make close to what yours does on motor, of course he will weigh more but I believe his 150 shot will more than make up for it, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread