I got a ride in a GT350R

12Boss

Ford was up in Houghton Michigan at Michigan Technological University last week. Tracked them down and they were very kind to give me a ride in the GT350R. Offered up my Boss Red Key for a swap but that wasn't happening! The ride was awesome but the speed we ran is classified. The acceleration was freakin awesome in the GT350R. The drive home in my Boss was sorta a let down. Here are a few pics or the 350 along with a GT and my 302.

2rxfnsi.jpg

rbjzud.jpg

10dckz4.jpg

29c27x2.jpg

5kly1d.jpg

117e2ys.jpg

zmd0qv.jpg

334t2fq.jpg

5xvea.jpg

2q9dnko.jpg

boss#301

Established Member
I didn't say the boss engine bay is the best looking. I am disappointed that such a new car like the gt350 has no esthetics in the engine bay area. It's like they got tired when they got to design that area... I am planning to buy one but I hope the aftermarket will come up with something

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I didn't say the boss engine bay is the best looking. I am disappointed that such a new car like the gt350 has no esthetics in the engine bay area. It's like they got tired when they got to design that area... I am planning to buy one but I hope the aftermarket will come up with something

They will.

OP that is bad ass, I hope I can track one down some day and ask for a ride lol

krt22

Established Member
You mean like a big stupid plastic cover over everything that is a pain in the ass to remove each time you need to do anything more than check the dipstick?

cluscher

Established Member
OP, that Race Red on the R looks pretty different from the red of your Boss. How did you like Race Red in comparision?

Para81

Established Member

I won't be parking my car and opening the hood for others, never was much into that, but I do agree the Boss engine bay is pretty.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I won't be parking my car and opening the hood for others, never was much into that, but I do agree the Boss engine bay is pretty.
Exactly, every time someone complains or talks about engine bay all I can think of is a waxer at a car show. I could give two shits about what the engine bay looked like. That pic of the GT350 next to the boss makes the boss meh... lol

Its probably because the 2011-2012 mustangs look boring compared to the Shelby'd 13/14.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
If you want pretty, buy an old Taurus SHO. If you want a track car that doesn't add anything that would increase weight, get the GT350.

12Boss

OP, that Race Red on the R looks pretty different from the red of your Boss. How did you like Race Red in comparision?

My Boss is Competition Orange, the GT350 is Race Red. I really like the Race Red with the Black Strip, but I am all over the place on which color to get or for that matter if I should get a 350.

jes_csx

Established Member
I graduated from MTU in '99 and was up that weekend and saw the car several times. Unfortunately I was too busy to try and stalk the SVT guys, and now I am pretty disappointed that I didn't haha.
I could hear it running all over town. I will be up there this weekend… sure wish they would be. Were they MTU alumni?
I 'm glad I already had a chance to talk to sean from SVT (awesome guy) at BJ in Scottsdale and I have a client with an R on order that is going to let me drive it and run it on the dyno. It still isn't the same as talking to fellow alumni who happen to be SVT engineers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread