I got a squeak sound under the hood

HIGH VOLTAGE

Established Member
Ok so I drove my L today for the first time in almost five months and I noticed a squeaking sounds from under the hood. The sounds only happen when I am getting on it. Not real hard but just tacking off and getting up to fifty MPH or so. Then at normal driving & idle it is fine. I have the Metco idler bracket so I don't think it is belt slip. Maybe it is the aux belt? Truck only has 28,000 on it. Any info would be great.

Thanks, Mike

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
I had a squeak like that on my old set up, I was using the JLP box with the C&L elbow, since everything was so stiff (the pipe and box) when I got on it, it couldn't flex. I noticed some rub marks on the underside of my hood right above where the air box sits. It was the corner of the box rubbing the hood and you could hear it......

glencarbonbolt

Cubs SUCK
Established Member
I have similar comments as Silver04L. Do you have an after market hood? I recently installed a new glass hood and noticed some squeaks when accelerating. Popped the hood and noticed some rub marks on the underside being caused from the torquing of the engine.

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
I notice that driving my L around in very cold temps made my pulleys whine/squeal. dealership said they couldnt do anything it was the metal shrinking and expanding and some weird crap like that. they said its quite common.

Users who are viewing this thread