I Got Beat By A Stock Lt1!?!?!?

mattc04gt

Established Member
Well a buddy that use to go to my school just got a 94 z28. He says it stock except for a shifter anf a slp cat back. I check it out and it looks stone stock. Well we raced for $20. He went from his first(high rpm) and i went from a second 3300 rpm.to about 100 he put a solid 1/12 car links on me :dw: I have a FULL bolt on 04 gt.How and the hell do you explain that!!

long tubes,o/r h,dyno max c/b,a 75mm t-body,a plenum,pullies jlt c/a,31 splines, diff,4.10 gears

does this honestly sound right,stock lts arnt THAT fast . i think hes :bs:

Cobraing

Trumpet of Torque
Established Member
Can you drive? Because honestly, I'm sure retarded monkey with herpes could have done better ;-)

Either that or he had a bottle of giggle gas hidden and laid the smack down on you.

RandomTask

Banned
Its perfectly feasible for him to have beaten you, especially since he started in 1st gear, and you started in second.

LT1 > 2 valve 4.6

if he was spraying, he would have put alot more than a car and a half on you.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
i would think it would be an even race if he drives the shit outta that car.

LT1's can be quick man. mid high 13's stock/mild mods have been realized by some. they trap 100-102 stock, some higher, depends on the driver.. i have seen 103+. sounds bout where a bolt on GT would be.

Last edited:

Cobraing

Trumpet of Torque
Established Member
Nevermind you're right, I was thinking 04 Cobra not 04 GT.

Even in full bolt on trim the GT's don't pack much punch. You should get a power adder. :beer:

mattc04gt

Established Member
man i wasnt pullin my car that hard to be honest but i didnt think it would be that bad.yall are probaly gunna wnt to slap me for not saying this but he also had zo6 rims on m/t streets.But it was about right, if any maybe c4 upgrades but probaly not

mattc04gt

Established Member
actually im putting a turbo on my car in the next 2-4 weeks, already have all parts(custom turbo kit,diy)

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
full bolt on GT is 104mph max, more than likely. my friend went 100mph at 13.7 with some traction problems and he has alot of bolt ons but not pullies. probly could get 102. a exhaust manual Lt1 car can do 104 if driven hard and in good shape.

i bet he has a tune done to his lt1 along with his catback/intake. did it have headers?

yall are probaly gunna wnt to slap me for not saying this but he also had zo6 rims on m/t streets.But it was about right, if any maybe c4 upgrades but probaly not

those do nothing for mild powered cars going from a roll. your not gonna spin to much at the top of first. and C4 LT1's are the same as the LT1 fbodys. only thing he could have is headwork or LT4 top end without the cam. that would definately make his car go near 106mph if he has LT4 heads and intake.

a cammed LT1 would probly pull you alot harder than he did

Last edited:

Grannycar

Established Member
my 95 trans am i had trapped 103 with stock 273 gears and auto. only mods being. cai, edelbrock headers o/r ypipe. flowmaster cat back. 2800 stall. b/p t/b and air pump. and a shift kit.. it was auto. ran 13.4@103mph then went to 323 gears and ran a 13.2@104 mph with street tires.. bone stock dyno was 245rwhp and 301 rwtq which is a factory freak for an auto.. but with your car, you should be spanking that car left and right. with your mods.with mods like you my brother in his 99 gt was running 13.4@103 with street tires. and the norm et for an lt1 is almost identical to 99+gts.
another thing to think about is why does he have et streets on his stock lt1? he might be hiding something...

LS1Mike

F-body whore
Established Member
My bone Stock 96 Z28 with a 6 speed and 3.42 gears went 13.82 at 102.32 mph, in 65 degree weather on a 2.0 60 foot.

Grannycar

Established Member
the ets are usally the same except you have some out there like ls1mike, some are faster then other.. lt1s are very inconsistant. usally due to gm;s bright idea
"opti-spark"

phucough

Established Member
Cobraing said:
Nevermind you're right, I was thinking 04 Cobra not 04 GT.

Even in full bolt on trim the GT's don't pack much punch. You should get a power adder. :beer:
or a different car and driving school. :burn:

ScottsMach03

Established Member
With your mods, you should have spanked that dude. I bet he wasn't telling you everything...

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
i dont see how his car should have be alot faster...

what do most full bolt on GT's run? seems like 103-104 should be the norm. same as mild modded LT1. should be a close race. LT1's have a sick topend

fast02gt

Established Member
U have 4:10's too..damn man before my heads and cams i went 106mph. allmost 107 the gt should have beat him if the Z28 is what your telling us it was. I am confused...but hell this past weekend i saw a TB, mass air and cat-back LS1 t/a beat a S/C mystic cobra by a car.. :poke:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
mattc04gt said:
actually im putting a turbo on my car in the next 2-4 weeks, already have all parts(custom turbo kit,diy)

dont waste your money. an 04 forged turbo gt will still only have a blue book value similar to a stock 04 gt.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
my bone stock- paper filter street tire lt1 vette ran 13.9@ 103 , and its an auto with a 3.07 gear. he could have had a 3.73 or 4.11 and been a baller-ass driver, and that would explain it

JDsfastGN

Established Member
hmmm... 2nd for you is still a pretty stout gear for you with the 4.10s, one of my good friends with similar mods to you ran 12.9 with a best trap of 107 but was usually 104-105. Honestly i would have thought you would pull away. I have heard of a few freak LT1s trapping 104-106 but thats really really rare and most trap 98-101 for autos and 99-103 for 6 speeds

Users who are viewing this thread