I got pulled over last night seek your opinion

kush97

Established Member
Was at the bar last night, lucky me I didn't drink. But while I was ready to leave my friends told me to step on it a little bit. So I made sure no cops were in sight. I got it a lil sideways that was it. Then .5 miles down the road i see a cop booking it. I wasnt even going fast after I did that. I think he didnt see anything and just heard my car because it's damn loud. The cop was a total a dickhead and I know he didnt see what I did. He said I was spinning the tires and I said where is the smoke and the tire marks? 3 cops showed up and it took them a half hour to get me to leave. They gave me careless driving while no car was on the road. The fine was 109.50 and i asked the cops about points on my license they said they had no clue. I cant afford the points on my license due to my job. The road had some kinda salt stuff on the road I noticed today. But I think im going to fight this one. The cop had no witnesses "burned rubber" and he was a mile up the road yet. What do you guys think?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Was at the bar last night, lucky me I didn't drink. But while I was ready to leave my friends told me to step on it a little bit. So I made sure no cops were in sight.
just because you didn't see him doesn't mean he didn't see you
I got it a lil sideways that was it. Then .5 miles down the road i see a cop booking it.
Why do I doubt this? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
I wasnt even going fast after I did that.
so what was the speed limit in that area and just how fast were you going?
I think he didnt see anything and just heard my car because it's damn loud.
"THINK" being the operative word here. you can certainly challenge him in court but based on your post I wouldn't recommend it.
The cop was a total a dickhead and I know he didnt see what I did.
Further proof that you have left out a lot of the story. First you say "I think he didn't see me" yet here you say "I know he didn't see me" so which is it and how do you know?
He said I was spinning the tires and I said where is the smoke and the tire marks? 3 cops showed up and it took them a half hour to get me to leave.
this right here could be the reason he was being a "dickhead" perhaps you were being a smart mouth and got what you asked for? If you had gone .5 miles down the road what did you expect him to do take you back and show you the tire marks in the road? Get one of his buddies to take a sample of the smoke so he could have it just in case you asked? :bored:
They gave me careless driving while no car was on the road. The fine was 109.50 and i asked the cops about points on my license they said they had no clue.
Frankly it sounds like you got off lucky. perhaps you should take what he gave you and move on. there are worse things he could probably amend it to
I cant afford the points on my license due to my job.
Perhaps you should think twice before showing off with your friends next time. I really don't understand why children (or those who act like children) cry about how they can't afford points on their license AFTER they have already displayed that they deserve points on their license.
The road had some kinda salt stuff on the road I noticed today. But I think im going to fight this one. The cop had no witnesses "burned rubber" and he was a mile up the road yet.
the Cop does not need any witnesses to "burned rubber" and you said initially that he was half a mile up the road AFTER you did your little display. so once again we have a failure to tell the whole story, or an embellishment to make yourself look less foolish.
What do you guys think?
I would tell you but this is not smackdown so I have to be nice and just not say anything :bored:

txyaloo

Established Member
Was at the bar last night, lucky me I didn't drink. But while I was ready to leave my friends told me to step on it a little bit. So I made sure no cops were in sight. I got it a lil sideways that was it. Then .5 miles down the road i see a cop booking it. I wasnt even going fast after I did that. I think he didnt see anything and just heard my car because it's damn loud. The cop was a total a dickhead and I know he didnt see what I did. He said I was spinning the tires and I said where is the smoke and the tire marks? 3 cops showed up and it took them a half hour to get me to leave. They gave me careless driving while no car was on the road. The fine was 109.50 and i asked the cops about points on my license they said they had no clue. I cant afford the points on my license due to my job. The road had some kinda salt stuff on the road I noticed today. But I think im going to fight this one. The cop had no witnesses "burned rubber" and he was a mile up the road yet. What do you guys think?

Too bad he didn't charge you with reckless and take you to jail. Maybe you'd learn about paragraphs there.

I don't understand why people always try and weasel out of paying the fine when they obviously did the crime (You admitted to getting sideways/spinning tires).

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Too bad he didn't charge you with reckless and take you to jail. Maybe you'd learn about paragraphs there.

I don't understand why people always try and weasel out of paying the fine when they obviously did the crime (You admitted to getting sideways/spinning tires).

I'm with Jeff on this one. If you actually hadn't done anything wrong you would have a legitimate reason to fight the ticket. They were ticketing you for something you did.

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
Well, First off, you did in fact do the crime. One way is to step up and admit it and take the punishment. The other way is to plead not guilty and have a trial and see what the judge decides. Its possible you could plead guilty and take a driving school and it wont put points on your license but you would have to ask to see if it is applicable there.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I agree with all of the above. You call the cop a dickhead when in fact you f'd up and he did his job. :rolleyes:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I agree with all of the above. You call the cop a dickhead when in fact you f'd up and he did his job. :rolleyes:

he doesn't have his age in his profile but I am guessing 17-19? which would make his response to the stop pretty typical.

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
bah. fight it.

does he have any physical evidence? was there a dash cam video? if its only your word vs his word, that is reasonable doubt..... take it all the way to court...if you lose, appeal it.........fight the power!!!

just kidding, take defensive driving (and get your insurance discount for it too), and get it off your record.

and dont go admitting to something you might fight on an internet forum...it might be admissable...

txyaloo

Established Member
just kidding, take defensive driving (and get your insurance discount for it too), and get it off your record.

and dont go admitting to something you might fight on an internet forum...it might be admissable...

You're assuming Pennsylvania offers defensive driving like Texas does. Not every state has that option.

Common

Established Member
It's a two point violation. Also, iirc PA has an unsafe driving plea which brings it down to zero points but it increases your fine amount by at least three times what it originally was due to surcharges. If this is your first moving violation you have a decent chance of having the DA amend it to something lesser that carries no points but a bigger fine.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Make sure you investigate the defintion of reckless driving. Since I am not a LEO this may be obvious reckless driving.

Users who are viewing this thread