I got spanked by a turbo M-3

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
On my way home from the track yesterday, I met up w/ this kid in an older M-3, I think it was a 98/97.AnyWay after running a 13.095 I was feeling pretty confident. So on the way home me and my brother in his 5.0 GT see this white M-3 comming fast. So my brother takes a crack @ him first. No dice. So I figured I'd give him a run and spank his candy ass. We pull up to the toll plaza at the same time. I tell me friend "watch this"....I wait for the guy to pay the toll we looked at each other and dropped the hammer at the same time! Before I hit second he was up by 1 car. I was in shock, so was my boy! 2ND was pulling hard but no luck....3rd came and I was looking at tail lights, he was up by 3 cars....(DAMN!) thats as far as he got though, we shut down at about 115 mph.
I pulled next to the guy and gave hime the international sign for N.O.S. He said no way, so I asked him " then what are you running?" He said he added a turbo to the car. I asked him what he ran at the track he said 12.60's. The guy was cool and said I was 1 of the few that had ever stayed close to him.
Oh well I guess you can't win them all......there goes my undefeated record.

Last edited:

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
I don't really know if it's the international sign for N.O.S but it's when you hold your fist up and lower your thumb down like if you were hitting a switch.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
:eek: A turbo on an M-3?!?! :eek: Somebody has WAAAAAY too much money. :D That's only about a 45,000 car and another 5,000 atleast in turbo kit. :cuss: Rich people. ;-)

MileHiCobra

Established Member
Owner at one of the local performance shops turboed his new M5. I haven't seen it but I've heard about it.

~ever~

Established Member
Originally posted by 2001SVTMAN
I don't really know if it's the international sign for N.O.S but it's when you hold your fist up and lower your thumb down like if you were hitting a switch.

Can you do some Paint to show cuz i dont get it........

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
Let me try to explain........suppose you have a joystick in your hand, and the joystick has that red button on top.....well you hold up your hand like if you had the joystick and you press the red button........get it? I hope so, cause i'm tired of explaining it guys.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Let me try to explain........suppose you have a joystick in your hand, and the joystick has that red button on top.....well you hold up your hand like if you had the joystick and you press the red button........get it? I hope so, cause i'm tired of explaining it guys.

If you have to explain it, then they person asking has probably never been sprayed. :lol:

Vito

Broken
Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE

If you have to explain it, then they person asking has probably never been sprayed. :lol:
:smmon: that holds true for me

wheelspin

Established Member
Ouch. I would have liked to look under the hood of that car though. I like the quick BMW's. Usually hate the drivers, but the cars are very cool. BMW definately does it's homework.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member

Kinda like the old Atari joysticks, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread