I got to sit in the GT500 in Tulsa

Fastbackman

Established Member
I got to sit in the GT500 in Tulsa(Finally added pics)

Hey guys. Just wanted to let everyone in my area know that the GT500 is in the lobby of the Southern Hills Marriott in Tulsa, OK for the Shelby meet that is going on until Sunday. They forgot to lock the car and I was able to get one picture of me sitting in the passenger seat. Took lots of pics, though my camera isn't the best, but I don't know how to post the pictures on this sight. Anyone in the area should check it out. It is absolutely beautiful. I had a pretty good discussion with someone who works for Shelby and he didn't have all of the answers but he was somewhat helpful. He said that the car will be offered in the same colors as the Ford GT with one additional color added. He did not know what the color would be though. He seemed to think the hood would look similar to this car but he was fairly insistent that it would not be functional. He stated that he thought the front splitter would be gone due to the fact that it was to low. He also said that he thought the rear diffuser would be somewhat different. He said it may still have the strakes in the diffuser, but that he didn't expect it to look the same. He also confirmed what most of us already know about the stripes. They will be vinyl, rather than painted. I asked him about the supercharger, but he didn't know what kind it would have. Since ford has basically taken over the project at this point, he wasn't completely in the loop but he was a very nice man and was as helpful as he could be. I don't know what kind of position he has with shelby but I know it isn't mechanical. Also, it had been rumored that Carroll Shelby may be at the show, but he confirmed that Shelby will not be able to make the trip.

Last edited:

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
Fastbackman said:
Hey guys. Just wanted to let everyone in my area know that the GT500 is in the lobby of the Southern Hills Marriott in Tulsa, OK for the Shelby meet that is going on until Sunday. They forgot to lock the car and I was able to get one picture of me sitting in the passenger seat. Took lots of pics, though my camera isn't the best, but I don't know how to post the pictures on this sight. Anyone in the area should check it out. It is absolutely beautiful. I had a pretty good discussion with someone who works for Shelby and he didn't have all of the answers but he was somewhat helpful. He said that the car will be offered in the same colors as the Ford GT with one additional color added. He did not know what the color would be though. He seemed to think the hood would look similar to this car but he was fairly insistent that it would not be functional. He stated that he thought the front splitter would be gone due to the fact that it was to low. He also said that he thought the rear diffuser would be somewhat different. He said it may still have the strakes in the diffuser, but that he didn't expect it to look the same. He also confirmed what most of us already know about the stripes. They will be vinyl, rather than painted. I asked him about the supercharger, but he didn't know what kind it would have. Since ford has basically taken over the project at this point, he wasn't completely in the loop but he was a very nice man and was as helpful as he could be. I don't know what kind of position he has with shelby but I know it isn't mechanical. Also, it had been rumored that Carroll Shelby may be at the show, but he confirmed that Shelby will not be able to make the trip.

I am in Oklahoma City. Will it still be there on Sunday and is that at 71st and Lewis? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread