I got yelled at yesterday at the track BC my car is to loud....

mers1083

Established Member
So im in the lanes waiting to go up to race and this guy that works there walks up to me and says that i can't race there anymore because my exhuast isn't street legal and its to loud! I have kooks long tube headers, off road H-pipe, Borla stinger exhuast. I know the fact that i don't have cats isn't exactly legal but thats not what he was yelling at me for. He said i need baffles or something like that........

Is this some BS or what?????

Everytime i go to the track i get yelled at. first it was because i didn't have a cage, then i didn't have a 5 point harness now my car is to loud.

thanks
Paul

DSG2003

Established Member
To me I say no, because I love loud cars, but it is up too the individual running the track. Basically he or she is the law there. Good luck

TRBO VNM

it doesn't make sense. what about the open header cars? yours can't be louder than them. you aren't on the street there. it is a race track so you don't have to be street legal. But based on what times you are running, you do need to be IHRA and NHRA legal depending on what the track is. so if you are running times that require a cage and harness, you need them. Some tracks let you slack, but that is up to them. I have run some low 11's and the tracks here haven't said anything yet.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
So one prick thinks your car is "too loud"? What is this a f*cking library? A track should be the ONE sacred place on this god forsaken mudball cold earth where a loud car can let it all out and just be itself.

No wonder so many people still race on the streets.

(No I'm not condoning, but I can understand.)

mers1083

Established Member
Yeah i was confused when the guy was telling me. I was just thinking to myself that this was the biggest bullshit thing i have ever heard in my life. Should i even fix my exhaust or just leave it??? i think im just going to leave it alone and see what happends next tiem i go back. Maybe the guy was just pissed off BC he hasn't gotten laid in a long time and needed to take it out on me.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
That is the gayest thing I have ever heard... too loud at the track... was the guy wearing a purple turtle neck and red sun glasses?

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
That sucks....I think I would look into another track. Hell the track I go to, while waiting in the lanes, I can't tell if my car is running or not until I look at the rpms.

Vaelin

Established Member
Actually, some places during TnT nights require you to have a fully street-legal car to be able to race.. including cats and mufflers. Usually it's a concession to the local law enforcement/city officials.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
I posted this reply on Modularfords.com, too:

This is not E-town's fault. The local community has been trying to shut them down for years. This last year they attempted to pass a law in the state legislature that would essentially ban race tracks near communities that don't like them. SEMA and a bunch of other activist car clubs squelched them.

The E-town issue is that the area was rural when the track was built. People then built housing developments near the track and complained that it was too loud (although that's only 1 reason they don't want us there). E-town has had to have noise restrictions most days to allow it to still exist in this hostile community. There are only some days without noise restrictions.

In my opinion it's not their fault. I would rather have this than no race track. Atco is in better shape because it's still pretty rural.

vipergts281

Established Member
PhillyCobra said:
I posted this reply on Modularfords.com, too:

This is not E-town's fault. The local community has been trying to shut them down for years. This last year they attempted to pass a law in the state legislature that would essentially ban race tracks near communities that don't like them. SEMA and a bunch of other activist car clubs squelched them.

The E-town issue is that the area was rural when the track was built. People then built housing developments near the track and complained that it was too loud (although that's only 1 reason they don't want us there). E-town has had to have noise restrictions most days to allow it to still exist in this hostile community. There are only some days without noise restrictions.

In my opinion it's not their fault. I would rather have this than no race track. Atco is in better shape because it's still pretty rural.
Yeah, those houses next to E-town.....the owners need to get their f**king head on straight. They are the ones that bought a house right next to a race track. It would be a disgrace if they close the track down for that reason.

There is too many a**holes in this country.

4.6modular

The Learning SVT Poster
Established Member
Thats pretty unheard off. The local track here only runs till a certain time in the evening due to the housing developments around. Even if it's a TNT the big dogs need to race at TNT because well it's a TNT.

People bitch at you for racing at an approved track, then they bitch at you for racing on the street. Give me a break. "Oh wait what am I thinking a vehicle is only permitted to go too and from work and go grocery getting, with the occasional trip to the corner gas station". Where have I been. Sorry for ranting.....

Man the young days of blasting around the living room floor with Hot Wheels and Micro Machines were so innocent. Then at that my sound effects of the motor and exhaust got on the grown folks nerves!

mers1083

Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
The race track told you your car was too loud? I cant see them saying that to you
yeah my neighbors came over today for Easter and they made there comments about my car being loud to. Ah oh well

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
vipergts281 said:
Yeah, those houses next to E-town.....the owners need to get their f**king head on straight. They are the ones that bought a house right next to a race track. It would be a disgrace if they close the track down for that reason.

There is too many a**holes in this country.
I agree! :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread