I had my septoplasty done yesterday....

Blakers01GT

Established Member
Holy shit was yesterday a bitch. For years I have not been able to breathe through my nose, at very best it would be through just one nostril. Anyway, finally had the surgery. Got the packing out this morning which didn't feel great. and now I have 2 splints running up the inside of each nostril to keep the septum in place. they are running up above the eye brows. I am kind of out of it right now because I'm popping vicodin every 4 hours and shooting saline spray up my nose every hour. Damn I can't wait until next thursday when I get these things out and I can breathe like a normal person again! And most importantly, get back in my cobra :thumbsup: Anyone here ever have this done? thoughts? experiences?

Other then that, right now I feel like someone is doing this to me :bash:

Blake

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I'm probably going to get that done pretty soon. I've broken my nose twice and have a deviated septum.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Sorry to hear about the breathing. I didn't know some people had it so bad in the respiration department. Glad your surgery was a success. Now you can truly smell that sweet rubber perfume we all love.

Magnus_dm

Established Member
is this the surgery where they reshape the cartlige in the middle of your nose between the nostrils? or is this more serious and requires the breaking of the bone?

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Magnus_dm said:
is this the surgery where they reshape the cartlige in the middle of your nose between the nostrils? or is this more serious and requires the breaking of the bone?
Ick... do we really need to hear the details? :-D

Blakers01GT

Established Member
ZincDude said:
Let this be a lesson not to do cocaine. :rollseyes :-D

:lol: Ironically they did give me cocaine as a numbing agent when I woke up be because of all the cutting that was done. No But I broke my nose slightly when I was younger. and he said it was deviated pretty bad. I'll let you guys know how big of an improvement the surgery was in a week when I get these MOFOin' splints out.

Blakers01GT

Established Member
Magnus_dm said:

Yes, a septoplasty is like you said, reshaping cartilige. No breaking of the nose had to be done. breaking of cartilige and relocating of cartilige was done. He also shrunk my Turbinates which are the walls on each side of my nose because they were too large(which also obstructed airflow). He shrunk them by a electrifying them and breaking them down. Although he did not break the nose. He did remove excess bone that was loose do to uneven growth which was probably a cause of me breaking my nose when I was younger. A Rhinoplasty is when they break the nose in 4 places, which in laymen's terms is a "nose job". THAT I DID NOT HAVE done.

Blakers01GT

Established Member
ZincDude said:
Oh this thread is worthless without pics. :thumbsup:

I well get some up tomorrow at your request. It's really not that bad, minor swelling due to the splints and cutting. But there is no cutting on the exterior of the nose. I will get some of my nostrils and splints tomorrow along side of some before surgery pics :-D

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Blakers01GT said:
I well get some up tomorrow at your request. It's really not that bad, minor swelling due to the splints and cutting. But there is no cutting on the exterior of the nose. I will get some of my nostrils and splints tomorrow along side of some before surgery pics :-D
Well as long as your medicated taking pics why don't you put on that pretty dress.:shrug: :banana:

stevieb

Established Member
I had mine done 5 years ago after putting it off for 20 years. I was told by others that had it done that it was the best thing they ever did. Well after having it done I can say with certainty it is the best thing you can do, if you have a breathing problem.

The worst part was taking the packing out, then about 2 weeks later I had to p/u my bike at the shop and drive home slowly because the wind pressure on my nose at 35 mph felt like a 300 lb person sitting me. Now I would be afraid to get in a fight and get popped in my new nose.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
ZincDude said:
Well as long as your medicated taking pics why don't you put on that pretty dress.:shrug: :banana:
You know we're not ready for that hotness. Besides, if we were tempted to smack that ass, he could smell us a mile away. :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread