I Had To Sell My '13 GT500

BlownAway03

Established Member
I sold my GT500 back in April to a member here. I had planned on just being content with my beater. The C7 had my interest also, but with the options I wanted the car just wasn't quite in the budget for me. So, I'm brownsing one of the Vette forums one day and find out the C7 is now eligible for supplier pricing. I just so happen to work for a company that's eligible for the discount. So, out of curiosity, I go to the supplier website and build one the way I'd like. The supplier price ends up being over $6,000 off MSRP. At this point I decide I,m pulling the trigger. Then I find out that honoring that price is strictly up to the dealership. That's where the hunt got rough. Almost no dealer in the country was willing to discount the Stingray that much (understandable). In the end I found 2 dealers who would do it. I placed my initial order 4/24. The first deal ended up falling through after about a month because the salesman told me he wasn't sure he'd be able to get my car before the 2014 allocations were done. It was his honesty that made me hunt a little more and find the 2nd dealer. I placed my second order on 5/27 (about 2 weeks before 2014 cutoff), car was built on 6/30, and I picked it up from my local dealer through courtesy delivery on 7/16. That wait is nowhere near what I've seen from many other C7 owners. On to the pics:

2013 GT500 with Track Pack, Nav, Recaros and PP

DSC06847_zps6d639d4f.jpg

2014 Corvette Z51 with 2LT, magnetic ride control, navigation, dual mode exhaust, red calipers
IMAG0641_zpshmuor19c.jpg

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Congrats. 6k off MSRP is a smoking deal. I like both cars but you basically got the car with no first year depreciation for what you paid. That alone makes the switch worth it if you were already thinking about it.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Nice ride! A Z51 C7 is one hell of a car. I've been on the fence since i drove one a few months ago. I too am eligible for the employee discount, but I'm at a point in my life where I need a back seat. Enjoy it! It's a sweet car!

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Congrats! I love the C7s and yours looks great! You can make anything fast, so I think you made a great choice. I bleed Ford Blue, but Chevy did a great job on the C7. I still like the C6Zs too!!!

R1Lello

Established Member
well that didn't last long - I believe you were recently a member of corvetteforum and still are ? welcome back :)

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Thread needs more pictures of the new ride!

Love the C7s, and although they might not be as fast in a straight line as the Trinities they are most certainly in a different league. Nice step up

Users who are viewing this thread