I hate BLENDERS!!!

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
So I bought two blenders at the wonderfully crappy wally world last night, one small one to make smoothie's in the morning, and another one to make bigger drinks for parties. Well this morning rolls around and I pour in my smoothie in the small one and hit the power button, nothing happen's, just spins the milk around and around.

So after that fiasco of nothing happening I decide hey I'll bust out the bigger one, out it comes, and 10 minutes later I have a Beautiful smoothie ready to be consumed. I go to lift the top off and "pop" off comes the bottom of the damn container and out goes my smoothie, all over the blender, and the counter, ANDDD the floor.

So.. I ask my svt fellow's, ARE THERE ANY GOOD BLENDERS OUT THERE??!?!?

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
you get what you pay for.

^^This. As for the second blender did you properly attach the bottom? Every blender I've had (which is only 2 or 3 in the last 20 years) has been made so the bottom unscrews; did you fail the blender?

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
I bought mine at walmart on black friday and it works fine. It has a little spout to pour drinks so you dont have to ever take the top off. It was like $13 :shrug:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Sounds like operator error to me. My blender from Wal-mart worked just fine.

Maxim did a stress test on 4 higher priced blenders sometime last year. They chopped up some pretty crazy stuff. One of them was the 'does it blend' blender. I think all retailed for over $200, but if you blend stuff a lot, I'm sure it's worth it.

Oh, and I hate blenders also. The last time I was moving, I got to my new place, opened up the Jeep hatch, and the blender jar fell straight out onto the driveway and shattered.

CBrowning84

Established Member
Oh, why do they call it that? I've visited the place twice and had a horrible experience. Never again.

Sam Walton first started Wal-Mart, hence the Wal part. I guess it got extended to a nick-name, wally, and like Disney World, Wally World. I'm just speculating though :shrug:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
At least you did get your smoothie, I know on your counter. The last one I bought my wife was sick and asked me to crush a couple pieces of ice for her. Popped one in and no problem. Popped the second one in and no problem. Put the third one in and POW. Blender parts everywhere. I gave up and threw it away. If it can't do a few pieces of ice I don't want it.

Ranman23Player

Established Member
Oh, why do they call it that? I've visited the place twice and had a horrible experience. Never again.

around here walmart is about the only place you can go. it came in and shut down everything around it. they did a pretty good job of putting everybody out to. came in with the lowest prices and everybody was forced to shut down, then they jacked up their prices. bastids.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
around here walmart is about the only place you can go. it came in and shut down everything around it. they did a pretty good job of putting everybody out to. came in with the lowest prices and everybody was forced to shut down, then they jacked up their prices. bastids.

Its called Capatilism. They started out small just like everyone else.....

My parents have a Oster blender from the 80's still kicking strong.

Users who are viewing this thread