i have a 93 black gt...i need advice

blackfox

Established Member
i posted in blower bistro, i couldnt find a better spot but if anyone here has any ideas, im open to them. im doing motor work to my car soon but im torn on what to do- should i do a performance rebuild (heads, pistons, cam, etc.-stock block?) or should i buy a crate motor , here is where im looking
www.fordcobraengines.com

please help:dw: :eek: :??:

Last edited:

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
How many miles are on your stock block? Is there anything wrong with it? A crate motor would be really nice, but probably more expensive. If you do get a crate engine, then go all out on the 351W or the 408 stroker. Your GT would be king of the road. If i were you, and had the money, i would go with the 351W crate engine. Is emissions an issue?

Another option is to buy a 331 or 347 stroker kit for your 302.

blackfox

Established Member
dude you are so helpful its not even funny, i really appreciate it, i was lookin at these crate motors on www.fordcobraengines.com and they are kinda, actully REALLY pricy, so i will probably end up going with a rebuild, on the motor right now there is i think around 140k, and there is a real bad knock/click developing. how much do the 347 stroker kits run? and will my car be a lot ballzier and faster?

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
DSS makes good stroker kits. If your block is still good, then this will solve all your problems. If your engine is pinging, it could just be the timing. A 331 or 347 will give you a lot more torque and balls.

CHP also makes good kits.

I would recommend DSS. Ive heard a lot of good things about their kits, shortblocks, and longblocks.

The kits will usually run from $1000-1300. If you get the shortblock, then it will be more expensive, and the longblock will be in the $5000 range.

blackfox

Established Member
ok, say i decide to go with the dss 347 stroker kit, and i get the 10 series or something block, for 625, what else would i need, a set of heads and..?

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
If you're gonna do a rebuild and stroke and all that shit. Don't put your stock heads on. That would defeat the purpose. You could push 400 rwhp with a well built stroker motor. I recommend AFR 185cc heads, maybe even 205's. An anderson ford motorsport cam, mines the smallest they make and it rocks my socks off. And a good ported edelbrock or trickflow intake.

Users who are viewing this thread