I have a dilemma

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
I recently installed a CAI and catback on my car, and now it seems to be running way too lean. (high 13's). I need to remedy that, but I really wanted to keep the warranty for a year, and I don't know any other way of fixing the A/F without tuning. And I'm pretty sure that tuning voids the warranty.

Has anyone here taken a tuned 03 to the dealer for warranty work, and if so, what were your experiences?

Trying to sort out my options here.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
A CAI and CB should not put your car in the danger zone.
Unless it's a Densecharger w/ the rotated MAF.

Exhaust and CAI mods 99% of the time will not void your warranty unless a specific malfunction was caused by the mod.

How did you find out you where running 13 to 1 AF

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by BEATNGU
A CAI and CB should not put your car in the danger zone.
Unless it's a Densecharger w/ the rotated MAF.

It's a Densecharger with the straight up MAF, but it was almost as lean with just the CB alone. The Densecharger only leaned it out by around .3-.5 as compared to the CB alone.

Stock it was off the scale past 10 after around 4000 RPM. Now it's high 13's, almost 14's.

Exhaust and CAI mods 99% of the time will not void your warranty unless a specific malfunction was caused by the mod.

I know that, that's why I wanted to stop after those 2 mods. The dealer I go to already told me that anything before the MAF and after the cats wouldn't affect the warranty.

How did you find out you where running 13 to 1 AF

Dyno'd on 2 different dynos. Almost the exact same results.

btw, here's the graph from the second dyno. I did 2 runs. Second was leaner than the first.

dynorun3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread