I Have A Question About The Aftermarket Throttle Bodies.

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
I have an aftermarket throttlebody and I am still in the setup process (IE messing with the allen wrench screw.)

I see that the consequences of turning it too far one way results in a sticky pedal. In other words, u press on the pedal but it will not move, but if u press a little harder, the pedal moves in but the revs kind of surge. Hopefully someone knows what I mean.

BUT! What are the consequences of turning the screw too far the other way? Thanks.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
a stock ported unit is the way to go. no surging, cruise control issues, or stalling. I saw a 11RWHP and 8 TQ gain from a ported stock T/B and plenum and it was a fraction of the cost of an aftermarket unit.

Tom

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I had nothing but trouble from the aftermarket TB (BBK) that purchased last year. IT had surging problems and idle problems! I tried everything to make it work, without success! I also believe the stock ported TB and plenum are the way to go!!

HPCOBRA

New*****UsedCobra03
Established Member
Aftermarket throttle body

ArcaneParadise said:
I have an aftermarket throttlebody and I am still in the setup process (IE messing with the allen wrench screw.)

I see that the consequences of turning it too far one way results in a sticky pedal. In other words, u press on the pedal but it will not move, but if u press a little harder, the pedal moves in but the revs kind of surge. Hopefully someone knows what I mean.

BUT! What are the consequences of turning the screw too far the other way? Thanks.

Have you resolved the idle problems? I'm going through the same thing. Open butterflys enough to overcome the vacuum lock and it won't idle down. I put another return spring on and helps but peddle is stiffer. On another forum someone has blocked the port to the IAC then drilled small holes to allow a certin amount of air to get through. Have you tried this or have you done something else?
Thanks

userob2002

Banned
HPCOBRA said:
Have you resolved the idle problems? I'm going through the same thing. Open butterflys enough to overcome the vacuum lock and it won't idle down. I put another return spring on and helps but peddle is stiffer. On another forum someone has blocked the port to the IAC then drilled small holes to allow a certin amount of air to get through. Have you tried this or have you done something else?
Thanks

Try socalterminators.com

You can adjust the idle with a predator tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread